Chapter 7

Stephanie

I don’t know what kind of game Lincoln is playing, but I feel like I am losing. I don’t know why our dynamic has shifted, but it has a lot. His teasing and taunting is driving me wild, and I’m barely holding myself back. The night that blew it all open for me was when he asked to kiss me. I never knew that kissing someone could feel the way it did. It’s like I was never truly living before.

My world exploded in sensation. I felt the very blood pumping through my lips as he met his lips with my own. The wetness of his tongue and how it expertly twisted with mine, almost like a dance. It set fire to my very soul. I was shocked and a little bit paralysed, but then I jumped straight in and took charge. I didn’t even realise I had climbed into his lap until I felt his cock as I mindlessly grinded against him and holy popsicles! He is packing!

I had to stop. He’s my best friend, and he was turning me on. So that’s why I got up to leave. I was only half joking about taking care of myself. But after all the taunting, I grabbed my vibrator and tried to fix my problem. I was almost there several times, but I couldn’t get over the edge, and I was frustrated. Then I heard Linc scream my name and I knew he came and I exploded everywhere.

Gasping, I rushed to the shower to clean up. I was a soaking mess, but I felt so blooming powerful. A man as virile and handsome as Lincoln Townsend came screaming MY name. MY NAME! I got dressed once more and walked out to see he had refilled our drinks. I don’t normally have more than a glass of wine, but I felt so relaxed and safe with him that I could let my guard down a little.

He was so candid with his masturbation talk that I felt embarrassed, but I still managed to answer. I’ve never had a man talk to me quite like Lincoln does. Instead of it coming off as crass, it somehow turns me on. The fact that I’m the one that makes him lose control is thrilling in a whole new way. He’s opening up my mind. We’ve kissed a few times since then, but neither one of us has let it get too out of hand. I feel our connection growing, morphing into something else... but what?

I’m scared of what this change could mean for us. Would this change ruin our friendship? I couldn’t bear it if I lost him. I can’t...I won’t. He is too important to me. He is the one constant pillar of strength in my life, a shoulder to cry on when I need it, or a hand to walk alongside.

I feel charged and ready to face our engagement party. Most of the guests are from Lincoln’s side, of course, but I have some work colleagues coming and a few mutual university friends with the exception of Gary and Louise. There is no way they are stepping foot near us. Lou and Gary have both tried to call me since the news of my engagement to Lincoln was announced, and I have ignored them all. I have nothing to say to them. They don’t deserve my forgiveness, nor should they get it.

I would have understood if they were honest from the get-go, if Gary said he wanted to be with other people, that he didn’t feel it anymore or whatever his excuse might have been. But no! Instead, they snuck around and lied to my face about it. The depths of hell are reserved for cheats and liars. They made their bed, and they could lie in it. I shopped harder than ever before to find the perfect party dress. Being affiliated with a Townsend comes with certain responsibilities, and looking the part is definitely a must.

I managed to find an absolutely stunning strapless, mermaid style dress that trumpets out at the base with a sweetheart neckline. The navy-blue tulle overlay showed a hint of the white base underneath that stopped in an inverted V shape at my knees. Swarovski crystals decorated the left side of the dress, beginning beneath my bust and extending to my knee, where the tulle flares out like a trumpet. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

I don’t normally spend this kind of money on a dress, but I knew it was the one, and I could imagine Lincoln in his sexy navy suit I’ve seen in his closet. Our outfits would pair well together. I find a white clutch and shoes that compliment the dress wonderfully. Ecstatic at my purchases, I rush home to hide the garment bag in my room. I don’t want Linc to catch sight of it until the big reveal.