Chapter 15

Stephanie

Linc and I discuss the logistics of what we want for our wedding.
“So, we would just go down to the court house then?” Linc asks.

“Yeah. I will ask Nikki to come. You can ask Jason, and we can get married on our own terms. We can still do the fancy wedding for your family, but this day can just be about the purity of our love, without all the pageantry.”

“And to think I thought I couldn’t love you any more than I already do...”

Linc shifts our bodies so he can take my lips with his. His kiss is devouring in a sweet, passionate way. I feel how much he loves me with every slow caress of his tongue. His hands stroke my face, and I cup his cheeks with my own hands. I startle when I feel wetness on his cheek.

“Whoa, baby. Don’t cry.”

“I am so happy, princess. You’ve made me so happy!”

“Me too, Linc. We've already applied for our marriage license. So once that meeting is done and all the paperwork is finalised. We will be good to go."

"I can't wait."

We kiss long into the night, wrapped up in each other's arms. Once we set the idea in stone, everything came together easily.

Nikki and I went shopping, and I found a gorgeous off the rack dress that didn’t need any alterations at all. The shop assistant gushed about how it was made for me. I had to agree with her sentiments. It was all too easy. I chose a short half veil that flowed down to my chest, with a pretty floral headband, which kept it in place. I picked up bridal lingerie in the store as well, which I knew would drive Lincoln crazy. Shoes took a little longer, but I managed to find a great pair that was comfortable and sexy. As a bonus, they were on sale!

I still kept up with all my appointments for our 'public' wedding. All the dress fittings, cake tastings, and meetings with his mother, which were so exhausting! The only thing keeping me positive was the knowledge of our secret wedding. The one where all the choices were just for us. Not what the wicked step monster wanted.

I had no issues with his dad. He absolutely loved the idea of Linc and I. We attended several more mandated dinners and public appearances from his parents. Linc had settled down, realising that his dad was never going to cross an inappropriate line with me. I was glad that they seemed to be bonding more lately. Linc being happy made me happy.

The Monday of my wedding week started out wonderfully. Linc woke me up with his face buried deep in my pussy. Like, what a way to wake up. Am I right? I was so looking forward to our pre-wedding wedding! I floated into work with a smile on my face, handing Joe his coffee. He was finally back at work after coming back from paternity leave. I had missed him so much, but the photos he kept sharing of his new baby made everything better. So cute!

"Good morning Miss Lanning. You're looking extra peppy this morning. Did you hit the coffee without me already?" I giggle and shake my head.

"Nope. But you can't tell me that is your first coffee Joe. I know that sweet baby boy is keeping you and your wife up at all hours of the night."

Joe shrugs. "True. But with a face like this, how could I say no?" He shows me last night's movie reel of pictures. I ooh and ahh at all of them.

"Oh my gosh. He is the cutest little man ever!"

"Thank you, and thank you for the coffee!"

"Anytime, Joe!" I waved goodbye as I entered the elevator.

I’ve organised to take leave for Friday and the weekend, letting my staff handle a small event I had organised for the Saturday afternoon. I wasn’t worried. They knew exactly what to do. I had been increasing their duties incrementally to see how they performed under pressure.