⁷✩

"ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᶦˢ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ ᵇᵘᵗ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡʳᶦᵍʰᵗ"

"ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᶦⁿ ᵐʸ ˡᶦᶠᵉ"

As the shooting star starts to fade away, y/n takes a deep breath and leans her head on Eren's shoulder making him slightly tense up but soon relax smiling a little

It felt as if space and time didn't exist anymore. It felt as if they were the only ones who existed at the moment. They both felt free. Nothing else mattered at that moment but them and that spot.

"Hey n/n, I was wondering.. Why are you in that hospital?" Eren quietly whispers not wanting to ruin the peaceful moment with a hard question. Eren had always wanted to know what was causing her to stay inside, hidden from everyone.

Y/n smiles, but it wasn't a happy one, the smile she had displayed was hiding all the pain she wish didn't happen nor existed, she wish she was normal and didn't have to suffer.

Taking another deep breath she whispers back "I have aml leukemia."

Eren feels his own heart stop and starts to process what came out as a painful whisper. For the first time in months, since he saw his mom in her hospital bed, has he ever felt more broken. Eren honestly thought she was there because of a different reason, but finding out it was a life or death situation made him panic. Finding out someone who he was starting to fall for was possibly going to die at any moment made him scared and frustrated. Not at her, but at himself for not noticing how much she was suffering.

Clearing his throat he looks at the twinkling stars "when did you find out?"

"Oh, I found out two years ago, it's close to being three, but don't think that I didn't trust you in the beginning, I just thought it never mattered." She says closing her eyes not wanting her words to ruin the night.

Eren chokes back a curse. He didn't want her to feel like he was now upset. But now Eren knew he had to spend anytime he could get or had to see the girl he loved. He knew that no matter what, he wouldn't let something like this ruin his love for the girl, even if he knew that in the end he'll end up with a broken heart.

Closing his eyes, he let's the sound of crickets and the sound of the wind dancing around overcome the tension that appeared. Opening his eyes after a bit he looks at the many fireflies swimming in the dark blue sky in front of them.

Nudging the girl next to her to open her eyes. He looks down and stares at the e/c eyes that seem to always sparkle no matter what. It makes him melt everytime he looks into her eyes without her noticing.

"Thank you again Eren, for this beautiful night" she whispers smiling.

"Anything for you n/n"