𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎.the beginning of the end

"Grab a basket," Dallas mumbled to August as she adjusted Promise in her arms who was halfway asleep

"Grab a basket," Dallas mumbled to August as she adjusted Promise in her arms who was halfway asleep. Dallas would've left her at home but since she was only three, that wouldn't be logical.

Promise hadn't been feeling well for the past few days or so but Dallas just assumed it was a just a really bad flu. "I should have made a list, ion even know what I'm getting." She glanced around the store as she watched August grab a basket as he rolled it back over to her so she could lay Promise in it. Dallas laid her daughter down in the cart gently, placing the hood on her black moncler puffer hoodie on her head before sighing.

"She still not getting better?" August asked as he started pushing the cart.

"Nope, ima take her to the ER if she doesn't get better by Friday." She followed August as he pushed the basket into the fruit aisle. He pulled out his phone since he had his own list, he had taken note of everything Dallas needed since he knew she would she forget to do so. He walked past the fruits and vegetables.

"Wait, I needed some apples." Dallas began picking apples that she liked.

August went back and grabbed her hand, "We can get produce from the farmers market, where it's fresh."

Dallas dropped her apple back into the bin, "Oh...I didn't know grocery store fruit wasn't fresh. Is that like an athlete thing?" 

He shook his head, "It should be a people thing. Fresh produce is always better."

"Well, alright." She followed him around the store, the both of them talking about random things as August shopped for Dallas. When they reached the front to check out their items Promise had woken up and Dallas had taken over pushing the cart so August could hold Promise.

"Auggie, can we go get ice cream after this?" Promise asked, wrapping her arms around August's neck.

August looked at her, "Why do we need ice cream?"

"Because I'm hot and ice cream always cools me down." She shrugged prompting August to touch her forehead to see if she had a fever.

"Yeah," He mumbled, feeling how warm she was. "We can get some ice cream." He moved her to his other arm and she rested her head on his shoulder as he used his free hand to put food on the conveyor belt.

Dallas looked over at them, "Ice cream? From where?"

"Coogie's. Where else?" He put a few canned goods on the conveyor belt before grabbing the bacon and stacking it on top of the cans.

"I haven't been to Coogie's Ice Cream in forever." She mumbled, "Probably since I moved out here."

August pushed the cart further once it was empty, "You mean since you followed me out here?"