𝖛𝖎𝖎.bleach in the booth

Dallas put the bow in Promise's hair before going to wash her hands, "Okay, go use the bathroom and then grab your bag

Dallas put the bow in Promise's hair before going to wash her hands, "Okay, go use the bathroom and then grab your bag."

"But I don't have to pee." Promise said, standing in the chair to gather her hair supplies so she could go put them away.

"We're going to be driving for an hour, mami. Just go try." Dallas turned the water off and dried her hands on a paper towel.

Promise nodded and ran off towards the bathroom as Dallas grabbed her phone to text August.

you close?

five minutes away.

Dallas liked the message before dropping her phone into her purse and going to her room to put her shoes on. She was wearing a white ripple rib dip hem crop top, light blue washed cross print long straight leg jeans that was really tight in the waist area, paired with Lanvin Curb sneakers. She was going to wear her christian Dior trotter saddle purse that was gifted to her by number one on the Charlotte Hornets basketball team.

After a few more final touches to her honey blonde lace wig, August texted that he was downstairs. After their conversation about Joey's, August said he wanted to go and visit Joey as well so he offered to drive Dallas and Promise. He didn't even know why, the words left his mouth faster than he could process them and now he was sitting in his car waiting on them to come down.

He was scrolling through Twitter when he heard light taps on his window. He glanced up and when he saw it was Dallas he unlocked the doors to let her in. She got Promise situated in the backseat before joining him in the front. Promise looked at August, she waited until he glanced back at her to speak. "Hi."

August nodded at the child, "Wassup." This was his first time seeing her so close since the day she was born, "I'm August."

"My mommy told me." She said with a smile.

He smiled, "And she told me that your name was Promise."

"That's true." She nodded, "Where are you taking us?"

"For some food." August told her. "Is that alright?"

Promise nodded again, "Sounds good to me." Then she looked down at her iPad.

August laughed and turned back in his seat, "Waddup?" He asked Dallas as he drove off.

Dallas pulled her seatbelt on and made sure it clicked before leaning back in her seat, "Nothin' much. Wassup withchu?"

He shook his head, "Nothin' much." He mimicked her answer. The sound of Mary J Blige's voice came through the cars speakers as silence fell between the two of them.

"I know you still ain't listening to Mary," Dallas laughed, turning up the radio.

August smiled, "You stay hatin' on my girl. Mary hasn't done shit to you."