𝖛.mistakes and consequences

Dallas was standing in Javion's apartment with Promise in her arms

Dallas was standing in Javion's apartment with Promise in her arms. "Javion, please." Dallas backed up into a corner, holding onto her daughter tightly. "It's not that serious, bro. You got plenty of more games left in the season, chill out."

"Ion give a fuck!" He shouted at her, causing Promise to bust out in a loud cry. Dallas looked at Javion pleading with her eyes to ask him to calm down. Javion limped over to Dallas and Promise, causing his daughter to hide her face in Dallas' neck. "Come here, stop crying babygirl." He muttered as he grabbed her and walked away.

"Daddy's sorry, stop crying," He repeated, over and over again. Promise looked over his shoulder to Dallas who just motioned her to embrace her dad so it wouldn't cause more issues. Promise slowly, but surely wrapped her tiny arms around Javion's neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

Dallas crossed her arms and kept her back pressed to the wall, "Why did they play you anyway? I thought your ankle was hurt?"Her eyes glanced down at his wrapped ankle then back at her.

"I need to play a certain number of minutes in order to meet the requirement on my contract." He mumbled his explanation as he rubbed Promise's back. "You can go now, I'll keep her for the weekend."

"Are you sure?" She asked quietly, "I mean, if you don't want to then I can take her." In reality she didn't really want to leave her daughter with him when he was acting like this. "Until you can get your shit together."

"My shit is together, Dallas! Get the fuck outta my house!" He turned around to face her, using his free hand to point to the door.

Dallas sighed and blew Promise a kiss, Promise "caught" it then pressed her hand to her forehead before Dallas left the apartment, trying her best not to cry. Dallas jogged down to her car, grabbing her phone and immediately calling Emilia. She had been trying to save up for a custody lawyer for the last year now but people kept raising their rates and she kept getting further and further away from her goal. Emilia offered to help a long time ago and Dallas was finally ready to take her up on her offer.

Emilia who was finally back in town was driving around with Ronnie and August, she was taking them to her bar so they could re-stock shelves she wasn't able to reach. She didn't want to spend money on workers when she had men like them at her disposal. She pressed the button on her steering wheel to answer the call when she saw it come through. "Hey Dal, you're on speak-."

Dallas cut her off with her crying, "Em, I need help."

August, who was sitting in the backseat looked up at the sound of Dallas' distressed voice. Emilia reached over to grab her phone to disconnect it from the car speakers but Ronnie slapped her hand away before she could.

Dallas continued, "I'm going to pay you back every cent, you know I will. But I need to get full custody of Promise by like yesterday. Javion is going to fuck around and hurt her one day." She tried to wipe her face but more tears kept falling.