Chapter 31

Dani's pov-

It's been a year since me and Jess got back together.

When I tell you it's been amazing, I mean it.

Jess moved in 3 months after we got back together, Anni started referring to her as her stepmum even though we aren't married.

She doesn't call her mum, but when I say no she goes 'I'll ask my other mother.' With a roll of her eyes.

"Mummy!" Anni whines as she jumps into mine and Jessica's bed.

"What does my beautiful daughter want?" I teased as she laid against my chest.

"Can we go out for dinner? Just us?" She asked, playing with the ends of my hair like she used to as a little kid.

"If that is what my baby wants that is what my baby gets. Go tell Jess and get ready, I'm going to get out of my pjs."

She smiled widely before running down the stairs shouting ' Jessica' what she always does to annoy her.

I love my little family and one day we can hopefully add to it.

I put on a simple outfit and fixed my hair from the messy bun I had threw it in after work.

—————Anni's pov-

—————
Anni's pov-

"She is getting ready and we will leave soon." I told Jess as I grabbed the cookie out of her hand and taking a bite.

"Good, and hey you don't steal your mother to be. It's very disrespectful." She joked as she grabbed another cookie.

"Tell me the plan one last time." I asked as I pulled my shoes on.

"As soon as you guys leave, everyone is coming over to set everything up and then go home and wait for us to text them, you are coming in with her as you are a major part of us and our family."

I threw myself into her arms.

"I love you Jess Jess."

"I love you too anni bear." She said before kissing the top of my head.

I hesitated before pulling back and look at in her eyes.

" I love you mum." I whispered, nervous she would freak out.

"And I love you more daughter." She joked before pushing me towards the door.

"Now get your other mum out that door."

"Fine fine, see you later."
I quickly run upstairs, grabbing mum's hand and basically dragging her out the house and pushing her into the car. 

"What a lovely way to treat your mum."

"Oh shush." I laughed as she started to drive.

I'm so happy that mum decided to look after me because without her, I wouldn't have my family or my life.

"Right, I say we go to Pizza Hut because mama is craving a spicy meat feast."

"Don't refer to yourself as mama, it's embarrassing mum."

"Aww but I am a mama."

"God stop."

"You love it really."

"Whatever, hurry up I want food." I playfully rolled my eyes but gave her a smile to let her know I was joking.

———
Jessica's pov-

I was hanging up the fairly lights when my mum came in and sent my dad and brothers home.

"They are on their way home." She tells me as
She grabbed the ladder as soon as I stepped off.

"Do think she will say yes?" I asked as I started to do the last touches.

"I do, now I'm going to set up your old room for Anni so you and Danni can 'celebrate'"

"Mum!" I laughed as I pushed her out of the house with a laugh.

As I lit the last candle, Dani walked into the living room and froze at the door when she saw me stood in the middle of the room, surrounded by candles and flower petals.

"Jess?" She asked as she walked closer, her voice laced with confusion.

Here goes nothing.

Taking a deep breath, I take her hands in mine, smiling when she smiled at me.

"Danni the love I have for you - it's hard to describe, yet easy to feel. It's difficult to convey save for the actions of everyday life. I don't know how to tell you that I love you without making you uncomfortable or scaring you away. I suppose saying it isn't really necessary, since giving the condition a name doesn't change its qualities... however, I can't help but feel there's something to say about the inability to say it at all. I understand that receiving love, and loving someone in return, is terrifying. You're not the sort to make yourself vulnerable and neither am I. Love makes you weak in a way, I guess you could say... but more importantly, it makes you strong. This is just one of the reasons that I love love, and love loving you in particular.
You seem to want a definition... yet I don't have one. I will never have one. Love, at least to me, includes so many things that I don't even know where or how to begin. Yet if you can't just trust that you love someone - that you think of them more fondly than others in a peculiar way; admire them for the things that make them who they are and respect them for these very same attributes - then maybe you will never be able to love. Love is and will always be a leap of faith. Just like in life, there is no sure thing in love. You just have to trust. There is no answer - you just know. Yet there's no way to 'know', especially if you pick it apart. Eventually love will be destroyed by all the prodding, analyzing and dissection.
If there is any way to 'know love - any sort of way to describe or define it - this is highly subjective. Love, at least to me, is selfless yet completely selfish. I love you for who you are and would do most anything for you if you needed me to. This selfless love is something quite gradual that grows as I get to know you better and catch glimpses of your innate, immutable qualities - your kindness, your integrity, your character. While human beings are continuously mutating creatures, I do believe that there are things in us that are tested by life and time, yet do not change. This is the foundation of a human being, maybe it's the soul, I don't know - but these are the very things that I see in you every day. I can't help but love this man who exhibits many of the qualities that I admire, and also hope to possess.
Selfless love leads to selfish love. I also love you for my own sake - for how you improve my life by driving me to be kinder and more understanding; changing the way I see myself and the world; making me question and even strengthen my beliefs and values. Yet it's also just as simple as the fact that you make me feel wonderful and help me enjoy life just a little more than I would without you." I tell her the speech I had been rehearsing any free moment I had for the last six months.

I looked up and saw tears falling down her cheeks, if it wasn't for the large smile on her face I would be worried.

"So what I'm trying to say is I love you and Anni so much and I want us to stay like that as long as you guys will have me." I let go of her hand and pull out the ring box, going down onto one knee. " Danielle Grace Garcia, will you do me the honor and marry my stupid ass?"

Suddenly I was tackled onto the ground and attacked with kisses all over my face with the word yes between each one.

When she finally stopped, I slipped the ring onto her finger and pulling her into a tight hug.

"I love you too, so so much." She whispered into my neck before pulling away and kissing me.

"I'm gonna go stay at my new grandmas then. Love ya mums." Anni said before leaving the house.

"Bedroom?" She mumbles against my lips.

"Bedroom."

——————
The book is coming to an end, between 1 and 4 chapters to go.
Not proof read
1372 words