chapter 24

Danni's POV-

Its been 5 years since I got my results, my parents officially went a wall on my second year of university but that's not even the worst thing.

4 years ago me and Jessica broke up, she decided that what was best at the time for us was to split up as we were in different uni's.

I'm still in contact with linda and Emma because they both say that I'm still family no matter what happened.

I haven't talked to jess since we split up but I know she's doing great.

She works a good paying job as a teacher in the town that we are from.

While I moved to Glasgow.

Anyway I now work in a international business, I work with the CEO on business deals. I get payed alot and I'm high up for my age.

The CEO even told me when she steps down she has reccomend me to be the bext ceo.

And I'm only 24.

I live with anni who I now look after full time and it's great but sometimes I miss having someone to share everything with.

I also dropped my nickname danni and now go by my name..only anni, linda and emma call me danni.

I was broken out of my thoughts by anni running into the kitchen holding my phone and talking into it.

I was getting some last minute paper work done before I started making dinner.

"Danni! Its auntie emma, she says its important." She says as she hands me the phone and walks off probably to watch Netflix in her room.

"Hey em, what's up?'

"Its linda... she died yesterday..." she said with an unsteady tone.

Those words are the words i never wanted to hear, within seconds I had broke down crying.

"I- how? Was she in pain-"

"She passed away in her sleep, the doctor said its most likely she wasn't in any pain at all."

"We went to the funeral directors Today, we dont want her sitting in a morgue longer than she has to. The funeral is going to be next week on Friday, you are coming right?" She asks making me pause.

"Ofcourse I am, I'll book the week off in sure ally wont mind..*my boss* we still have the old house so me and anni can stay there for a while."

"That's great, I'll make sure to let everyone know-"

"Dont tell jess, I'm gonna try to avoid her. We will both be upset we dont need to add the awkward ex chat to it."

"Fine I wont tell her but if she asks I'm not lying so no promises."

"Okay, I've got to make some calls about work I should be at my house by sunday and its Friday right now.."

"Bye danni, I love you and hope you and anni are okay. See you Sunday."

"Bye emma, I love you too." And with that I hang up and give myself a second to break down for a moment.

Once I'm able to get myself together, I wipe my eyes to get any stray tears away from my face.

"Anni? Can you come here."

And once she walked in and at that moment my hearing gave away. I knew I was speaking but all I could focus on her face and how she broke down.

I pull her into a hug and try to calm her down.

"Its okay baby.. it's okay. I promise that its gonna hurt for a while and it will get easier as time goes."