chapter 6- okay

Jessica's POV-

I stand at the door as they talk.

" my mum was wondering if you could look after annie for a week as they have went on a last minute trip with out telling anyone.." she sighs as she asks.

It's clear she didn't want to. Like she is being a burden by asking.

"Ofcourse she can I love having you two around. Wait you are staying right?" My nan asked.

" I was just going to stay at my house, I didnt want to be a bother but my mum says it's best if annie stays with an adult."

" sweetie your not being a burden your always welcome! Please stay danni!" My nan begs it obvious that she doesn't want danni to be on her own.

"Yeah Danni stay and we can work on our project during the week." I say trying to help my nan out.

She sighs and slowly nods. "Okay I'll stay. Just let me go grab some clothes for us both..."

She slowly stands up and walks over to the front door walking out. Not even a minute after she left mh mum walked in.

"Emma, sweetie. Remember danni she and her little sister are going to stay a week as there parents have went away. So none of your she is 18 she shouldn't smoke okay. I know you don't like it but I care about her and annie here." She says as she strokes Annie's her she still looks very Ill.

My mum nods slowly. " fine, but she is not to smoke in the house or garden." My mum says as she looks at annie.

"She doesn't do that at home either she sits on the sidewalk out side her house" I say as my mum takes Annie's temperature.

She nods then picks annie up. My mums a nurse so she should be able to help her.

"Linda where is annie staying she needs to lie down she just has a simple fever she will be okay with some rest and medication."

My nan tells her to put her in her room.

My mum walks off upstairs as the boys come down.

When danni comes in and sees the boys she trys to slowly back away from them but the boys run up to her.

She quickly drops the bag and runs behind me clinging no my back and using be as a shield.

I giggle as she pokes her head over my should making sure the boys are far enough away.

"Alright boys stop being creepy she doesn't like when you hug her so leave her alone" I say the boys just glare at me both coming closer.

She quickly jumps away from me running to my nan and jumping into her arms.

"Lindaaa you grandsons won't leave me alone! Protect meeee!!" She pouts and we all giggle.

I like this side of her. She's not getting in a fight she's not acting like a bitch.
She's being sweet and joking around.

" boys leave her alone. Go to your room or play outside." My nan says sternly to tell them she's not joking.

They walk off to the garden. I expected for danni to sit up but she just stayed where she was.

I smiled at her she looks so vulnerable and sweet. She looks up to my nan and hugs her tightly.

I slowly sit next to them both. Looking at my nan. We had talked about danni before.

I told her about how she act diffrent and I cant stand her. And she told me that danni and been through alot and she can be really sweet when she wants to.