Peace vs. Bloodshed

Chapter 16

Move back Tokyo Alexis slipped from in front of him her butt her slightly brushing his manhood which he did nothing to hide from her inquisitive eye's.

She hadn't had a man except once since he was incarcerated. The relationship didn't work out him being a doctor a last year resident and now a top cardiology surgeon his time was limited as was her's.

They still had lunch at work and dinner together on occasion. Sometimes they had sex Lexi reserved that with him when her hormones raged and her lack of sex was weighing on the kindness she showed other's.

When she became snappy and nasty, people said thing's like are you okay Alexis? This isn't like you she needed Doctor feel good.

I'd been five year's since her last encounter her snapping at Todd about lying reminded her it was time. She wasn't fucking Tokyo no matter how much jail preserved him.

He looked as if he hadn't aged a day. He was alway's athletic lifting light weights and running track to maintain his baseball player's toned body.

Alexis was sure that six pack was hiding under his jacket. Alexis let him sleep in the spare bedroom he wanted to call Todd from the house phone once he landed in Dubai. Alexis cooked Tokyo his favorite steak and potatoes he loved. She defrosted two steaks recalling he had a good appetite.

After her giving Tokyo extra school and baby photo's of Todd they turned in. In all she enjoyed his company and the evening. Had he really changed? It seemed so but she refused to rush or force anything in fact she wasn't sure about him or them as a couple.

When describing them Tokyo said he loved her adding an ed on the end not love. Had his love faded? Was there someone else? They'd lost a lot of time..they'd lost a lot.

She sat on her bed trying to dismiss the silly notion of them picking up where they'd left off or simply starting over.

Sarah woke to a phone call from Axis, hey Ax what's up? Is everything okay at the house? Is Todd and Mike okay? Yes everyone is fine and the house is great we landed in Dubai I text you all the info the room number and hotel address. I tried to get Alexis and couldn't.

She's off and probably still asleep I'll knock on the joined house door later.

Thanks Sarah. Okay Axis I--

Sarah? Yes Axis? When I come home can I take you to a photographer's show in the village? All African American artist's. I'm familiar with it because I'm in the show Axis. Oh haha! What photo are you entering Sarah?

We have to submit three one for sale two for display? Dare I ask what's for sale? You'll see when we get there. Axis smiled so that's a yes? If you will have me as your date Axis sure but I have to ask I thought you liked Alexis?

Haha, me try and go for Tokyo's woman? Not interested just grateful and respectful she and Toke gave me this job I sure needed the work. I love spending time with these guy's they keep me young and vibrant see you next month Sarah? Sure Axis.

Sarah hung up smiling she had no idea he was thinking of asking her out. Sarah went to work on her three photo entries to find a good frame for presentation.

Tokyo picked up the house phone dialing Todd hey mom we are here safe we just checked in a hour ago. Tokyo sat up hearing his son's voice without recording devices for the first time.

Mom? It's dad Todd. He jumped up with excitement NO WAY! No way! AXIS! He came running here Todd passed him the phone. Yeah who the fuck is this?

It's your cousin negro. Ahhhh! Yo man welcome home! We'll be back in two week's im throwing yo ass a party. No man I'm good. What? Im tossing up a party man we will invite family only nigga here's Todd.

Why didn't you tell me dad? Surprise! That is dad Todd wiped his eye's Mike took picture's with a camera Sarah gave him since he took intrest in her craft. Mike snapped away at Todd hearing his father on the phone for the first time from home. They talked and laughed you'll meet Isis dad she's right next door. I can't wait love you son. Love you dad.

Tokyo had a cell phone along with other thing's Todd set aside  for him in case his parole was granted and he wasn't home the keys to his childhood home there and car key's to the first jeep Todd got but didn't care for the feel of the truck.

Tokyo showered thinking about Alexis sexually slipping under the water joining him. After  dressed he went for door to leave.

Alexis opened her eyes smiling unknowingly at Tokyo she slept on the sofa. Why'd you sleep out here you could of slept with me Alexis she grinned sleepy eyed at his suggestion. 

I was working on getting my patent, filling form's making sure everything look's good before sending it to my lawyer. Patent for what Lex? It's silly to a man Tokyo.

Try me. Washable sanitary napkins she mumbled. What? She repeated herself pushing her wild hair back in an attepmt to look cute for him. What's silly about that ma?

It can save women thousand's of dollar's in a life time I like the idea I'm proud of you Lexi I gotta go baby. Already? So it begins Tokyo she said with disappointment.

No Alexis so it ends I have loose ends to tie up. Why Tokyo just let it be.

You think them nigga's that think I owe them something are gonna let me live? They are gonna pick up right where we left off the streets don't forget baby the streets don't respect time.

Alexis looked down in despair it's not like the first time baby I'm not looking for diamond's to heist or Art to steal. Who is the leader of all the King gang sets Tokyo? Who rose to power while you were inside.

He looked away Tokyo?! Big Willie Alexis her jaw dropped you got our son--

I? I was in jail I found out from Penny I ran into him on the train  when I was headed here. This ain't the time for us to be divided Alexis and not the time for blame. 

I'm sorry Tokyo. It's okay baby you have to trust me this go round that I'll end this shit for good.

I trust you'll end it Tokyo but will it be in peace or
Bloodshed?