Blow

Chapter 5

Todd walked Isis two doors down Sarah went inside giving them privacy to say goodnight. I was proud of you Todd. Thank you Isis that means a lot coming from you with everything I forgot something.

Todd went in his pocket handing her a box what is is Todd? He smiled Isis opened it Todd it's beautiful.

Let me put it on you Isis held out her left arm I made it in craft class I chose the string and wove it based on your favorite colors pink and blue Isis.

What about this gold button? My mom has a jacket that was old and worn she tosses it on to pull garbage if or grab the paper that's a spare button from her jacket.

It's pretty Todd thank you, Isis kissed Todd's cheek he looked at her leaning in kissing her lips praying her braces didn't cut him.

Isis smiled I better get inside she watched him walk on his porch Todd waved as they stepped inside at the same time.

Isis was floating on a cloud girl come so we can make sure you fully understand how babies are born. Isis giggled ok auntie run it by me again.

Alexis watched her son walk in the door floating past her good night Todd. He didn't answer because he didn't hear her thinking of his first kiss.

Alexis' phone rang all week with record deal's and offer's to hear Todd in the studio but according to the Apollo contract he wasn't allowed to meet with anyone until his final appearance. Alexis let them know but insured them she would entertain them all once his time was up.

By Friday she had eighteen names written in her book overnight Todd became the most popular boy at school.

Girl's fawned and flirted with him yet his eye's remained on Isis.

The sun rose and set on her was it possible for a thirteen year old to be truly in love? Alexis hated when people discredited her simply because of her age telling her not that her feelings would pass or they weren't real.

She didn't want to exasperate and make a big deal over them either damn why can't parenting come with a book? Alexis laughed inside.

Todd woke up with Isis on his mind a forced banging on his bedroom door snapped him out of his princely vision of dancing with her under the star's.

Who is it? Me nigga we gotta practice. Mike what are you doing here? I told you to practice and today I'm not going easy on you!

Todd and Mike went at it all day long ten hours. Todd was tired and happy school ended a few day's before. Isis heard them out her window cussing and arguing she raised her bedroom window Todd! I'm trying to sleep!

Isis it's one o'clock! So what Todd! I was up late! Doing what?! Talking to Donald Johnson.

Todd hopped up off his porch walking two doors over banging on Isis' door she opened it roller's in hair smiling why was you talking to that clown? Mike was on the sidewalk waiting on her answer.

Isis Don stays in bitches faces at my school that nigga is no good. That's your problem calling women bitches and hoes and our black men ain't niggers Mike.

Well he is. Isis you're wearing my bracelet why would you take it and talk to another boy?

You didn't ask me to be yours Todd. Why do I have to ask Goddess I gave you a bracelet I made out of love with my own hand's don't that show you I care?

I'm waiting Todd are we an item or not? I've been taking you to school over a year and picking you up on day's off too what does that mean to you? Isis went inside Todd put his foot in her door.

Why are you being difficult Isis? Mike was smiling Isis will you be my lady?

Isis smiled her braces bright yes Todd! She squealed in glee Mike we're an item! Yippee! Can we get back to this rap battle shit? All this love mess got me sick!

Mike stop cussin if you stop you can get past the audition at the Apollo. Yeah yeah Isis.

Isis pulled Todd inside closing the door she kissed him behind it, Todd was nervous I better go practice Isis.

Okay you coming later right? Of course I love your aunt's lasagna he kissed her cheek later.

The second battle session arrived as usual the other rapper's duked it out in musical dirt the victor would challenge Todd.

Since he was the winner he got to choose who went first.

He was in the green room listening writing verses from each rapper's lines ready to incorporate them in his rap.

Isis and Mike used Isis' old twirling band baton spray painted it gold and used a old lion head belt buckle Todd had when he was six attaching it to the top of the baton.

Todd had on all black with a gold metallic belt for $5 to match the baton.

This is crazy guy's. No Todd it's unique the Wu had a sword and you have a baton! He looked at the shiny baton grinning Isis cut a lock of her hair pushing it in the tube then sealing it shut.

A piece of your Queen to carry with you alway's she kissed his cheek gluing the baton shut.

Last week's winner and reigning champion King Tut! The teenage crowd went wild Todd walked on stage holding up the gold baton.

Whewwww! The crowd clapped and cheered as the lion head glistened in the light.

TUT you're our reigning champion you choose who battles first.

He can go first. The crowd roared Alexis watched live from the break room with her co-worker's they were anxious with her.

Big C rapped first.

Look at this little nigga tryin to battle me in the Apollo can barley see. Five feet five barley alive tryin to run with big dog's y'all shoula stopped this yougsta at the door. A boy on stage with toy's that's cute Big C's cuttin ya mute!

Ohhhhh! The crowd roared loving the rap. King Tut what ya got? GO!

The music started Todd blew air in the microphone:

Big C hear that sound? That's Tut blowing you down dropping you from C to DOA the door's that way I don't need to run with big dog's you know the score I'm a God  sphinx dog's kneel at my feet, run on my heels I  command big dog's WOOF! Big C chill!

Kneel at the feet of this young rap god SANDMAN I'M DONE COME DO YA JOB!

Teenager's stood on chairs clapping Isis blew like the wind a sign king Tut was done every one blew with her.

The host came out his hand's over Big C people clapped but when they got to TUT the crowd went wild.

Big C was escorted off stage you have anything you want to say TUT?

Todd looked at Isis who nodded yes blowing in the microphone waving his gold Baton the crowd blew with him.