Thunderbolt

This book is dedicated to
LL Cool J the greatest rapper of all time.

Chapter 1

Thank you Sarah for watching Todd girl you have no idea these hospital folk are so damn demanding with the nursing staff.

No problem Alexis come in Todd. I'll pick him up by morning is the usual pay okay still girl? Of course Alexis.

Todd hug please, mama I'm ten I'm not a baby any more his mom left I'll call you on my break behave child.

Todd walked in the living room staring at the girl behind the book. Todd this is my niece Isis she lives with me now you two are the same age be nice. 

Isis grinned wryly at Todd. What are you reading? The title is in front of you or are you blind? Todd sat down opening his notebook mumbling to himself what are you doing?

Writing rhymes. You rap? Of course and I'm on fire some people have it and some don't I have it Goddess.

The name is Isis. You don't know the origin of your own name? Isis was an Egyptian Deity.

How do you know Todd? Book's and Channel 13 anything on Egypt I'm intrested.

So you're an egyptologist then? Todd smiled I guess you can say that. There's a program coming on National Geographic tonight on cable if you wanna watch. Y'all got cable Isis? My aunt does she ordered it when I got here Todd. I'd like that.

Let me hear what you got? Todd mumbled his words unsure. What are you doing? You gotta be sure you gotta know your words hell you wrote them.

First thing's first Todd memorize the bars then we can work on public rapping. Okay Isis.

The summer together proved to be more then the two tweens expected they were together every day even when Todd's mom was off from work.

The duo were inseparable the entire summer. Isis went to a private school because her parent's willed money for her education while Todd attended the local public school.

Everyday he'd ride his bike ten blocks to pick Isis up and drop her off to school while discussing books they read together and her listening to his rhymes get hotter and faster.

I think you're ready Todd we're thirteen now. For what Isis? Teen rappers! Oh hell no!

Nope! Why not Todd? They are brutal on that show I mean they boo and toss rotten food at the contestant's. But what if you win? You get a recording contract with Big Willie and Brooklyn Brick Record's Todd!

Last year Diamond Dog competed won and is double platinum. They started singing his song together outloud.

If you don't try Todd you'll never ever know will you? I guess you're right Isis.

She pulled a slip out her bag what's that? Parent consent form printed it at school.

Auditions are at the appollo theater Saturday morning your mom is off and so is my aunt even if Alexis gets called in my aunt can take us.

You have it all planned out huh? Sure do Todd sign Isis turned around Todd put the paper on her back signing.

One signature down and one to go hot Toddy. Stop calling me that Isis. Why can't I have a nick name? What is your stage name by the way Todd?

I've been thinking about  that Isis and--

Spill it negro Isis laughed cause the last one was wack as hell.

King Tutu or Tut for short.

King Tut I'm feeling it! King Tut and Isis. Yeah Goddess he stared at her outside her school Isis kissed his cheek see you at two?

See you at two Isis.