Search Ya Mental

Chapter 9

Isis Todd and Alexis rode uptown to the Apollo the tension of nervousness between them could be cut with a knife.

They didn't want to say what they were thinking if he won Todd's rap career would be fast forward.

Todd went in through the stage door kissing his mom and Isis, here Toddy she passed him the golden staff. What's this? Todd smiled.

Cecily and I iced it out we went to the DIY store and got some white stones took us all week to ice out the baton and epoxy it over so the stones would stay on. That's why I couldn't look at PBS with you on Wednesday.

You were so upset I missed the valley of the king's. They don't repeat those episodes Isis when they put our history on TV we have to make an effort to view it but baby I understand thank you so much.

Go Todd I'll sit in the middle to rile the crowd like I alway's do.

Todd as usual sat in the back listening to battles as predicted Mental made it to the last stand against him. Mental 17 year's old and Todd just making 13.

He was a street rapper raw to his core in truth Todd loved his style if he made an album he would definitely buy it.

Tonight he needed to win and not be intimidated by his completion he looked to his father's photo taped in the middle of his rap note book.

He took a deep breath hearing the crowd chant his name TUT! TUT! TUT! Isis made the wind blow everyone joined her as he entered center stage light glistening of the lion headed bejeweled baton.

The host of the show touched Todd's shoulder as usual the reigning champion chooses who battles first. As usual Todd chose Mental.

The beat started:

Y'all in here reppin this kid as a king he ain't done a damn thing! He said he came be saw he conquered that's cause he never met Mental be on guard. He had his chance to get in stage and show what he could do but Tut is through. I'm about to dead him leave him in a ditch show him who's the ish.

Spell it wit me
M E N T A L this battle God stands tall. You did good little man brush the sand off your feet don't cry dry ya eye many mental ya can't defeat.

The crowd as usual went wild. The host came on T.V this is gonna be hard to choose!

Tut? Todd smiled at the host you ready? Tokyo was in jail bragging y'all see my boy? Yeah Toke!

You ready Todd? He looked to Isis who was dazzling under the light the camera catching her gaze Toke that's your daughter in law. Hahah the men laughed gruffly. The camera flashed Alexis smiling Tokyo smiled he hadn't seen her in thirteen year's

Drop the beat!

M-E-N-T-H E-L-L this fool's straight outta Hell. Hell is nothing to this young rap God I chew demon's for breakfast crap em in ya yard. I wave my cane and decree these word's Mental you been served.

Demon's born of  my bowels in da night scratch ya rental making you mental.

Tha ditch you dug wasn't for me I had you in darkness you couldn't see  demon's working for me blinding your reality.

Tokyo and his friend's banged the cell door's. Your boy got it Toke! Isis started with the wind again everyone joining her.

The host came out is it Mental the wind kept blowing or Tut? The crowd  went wild! Tokyo was crying his boy was getting out the hood.

King Tut you're getting a record Deal with Brooklyn Brick Record's!