Field Trip

Ms. Carter POV

Time: Atlanta, Georgia (2023)

Background Info: Von joins his children's very first field trip and meets his children's teachers for the first time.

"Ok boys & girls , we are just waiting for all the chaperones to get here" I said smiling at my students.

I absolutely love being a pre school & kindergarten teacher.

I've been doing this for 6 years, I'm 28 btw and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Nun of my kids give me a hard time and I plan on doing this for the rest of my life.

Well not the rest ..I also sell hair & eyelashes but y'all get the point.

All the parents were present expect for True & Dayvon's parents.

I called their mothers, they said their father will be stepping in.

I looked on their emergency contacts and seen the name "Dayvon Daquan Bennett".

I called Mr. Bennett and he answered on the first ring.

"Hello?" I heard a soft voice say.

"Hi , is this Mr. Bennett?" I asked smiling into the phone.

"Who dis is?" I heard him ask.

"I'm Ms.Carter, Dayvon and True's teacher . I was wondering if you will be joining them at their field trip to the aquarium today" I asked.

"Oh I'm so sorry Ms. Lady. I'm parking right nie. Yo room number 6462 right?" He asked .

Hearing a car park in the background, I'm assuming he's already here.

"It's alright. Yes sir that's the number. See you soon" I said before hanging up.

We actually didn't have to go yet but I like to meet the parents before any trip.

I got a knock on my door and opened it and lord , I know this ain't Mr. Bennett fine ass.

Standing at 5'11, he had on a red hat, Amiri Jeans, white Gucci shirt and some white forces.

I could tell it was him because True looked just like him.

They ran to him and he picked them up.

"Hey Mr. Bennett" I said smiling.

"How you doing, u can call me Dayvon" he said putting the kids down.

"Kaliyah" I responded as we shook hands exchanging smiles.

All the kids in the room was growing excited the second Mr. Bennett popped in.

He must be a very popular parent cause the kids in here spreader around him and all excited.

When we boarded the buses, Dayvon and I shared seats while the kids slept on him.

"Kaliyah u like teaching?" Dayvon asked looking into my soul.

Ouuu lord I don't wanna lose my job. Lord knows I love my job but this man got me getting chills.

"Yeah I definitely can't see myself doing this forever but for now? I love it" I admitted.

It grew quiet and then I decided to ask out of curiosity.

"Hey quick question. When you arrived, why did the kids get so happy? " I asked.

"I'm a rapper ma. Everybody know me" he said which left me in complete shock.

I love rap and R&B but tbh I don't keep up with it.

I'm really an oldie when it comes to music, so I felt bad when I didn't know who he was.

"I'm sorry . I don't keep up with our generation music but I'm glad you have a positive impact with the children" I said leaving him smiling at me.

He's a really cool person. Hopefully we can be friends or something.

As the field trip went on, i was glad to know the kids had a blast at the zoo.

It was time for lunch and everybody wanted to eat with Von and his kids.

But they couldn't. So I ended up eating lunch with them.

"Y'all having fun?" I asked the kids.

"Yes Ms. Carterr " I heard little Dayvon say.

They are just the cutest sweetest kids ever. Make me want some kids.

Oop let me stop. I'm young and need to live life.

"Dada stoppp" True says snatching her lunchable away from Von who playfully tried to take it.

"I'm sorry . Daddy sorry give me a hug big girl" Von said hugging his daughter.

After the trip was over, we road back to the school and all the kids were sleeping.

"Ma I meant to ask you earlier but how old you is?" He asked playing with his dreads.

"I'm 28, how old u is? " I asked playing with his dreads.

"I'm 29. Me & my son share the same birthday" he asked which left me shocked.

I find that soo cute.

We get back to the school and the kids leave.

Of course the other kids cried because they wanted to stay and talk to 'King Von' .

But they left last.

Before leaving my door, Von comes back in the room.

"Can I get your number a'sum?" He said standing at my desk.

I really hope Mr. Marks isn't around cause I wanna take Dayvon and throw him on this desk.

"Yea sure" I said as we exchanged phones.

I got home and was kicked up on the couch watching a movie when I got a text from Von.

Mr. Bennett🤎:
Wassup Kaliyah 😏 or should I say Ms.Carter🤣 you wanna go on date this weekend with a nigga a'sum?

Y'all know what I said right?

The weekend finally came and this date was very nice.

Dayvon was a gentleman and I felt fireworks whenever I was with him.

It's like he is my dream man or something.

As the first semester goes by, Dayvon and I started dating.

It was weird because nobody knew but us. Not his crowd or mine.

Few Months Later..

It was a snow day and the kids didn't come to school.

But my ass was still stuck at the school.

I heard a knock on the door and it was Von standing at my door with flowers.

"Hey lil folks" he said hugging me.

"Hey boo, shouldn't you be on the road or something?" I asked as he handed me the flowers.

"My show cancelled ma. U wanna go to my crib?" He asked.

We left.