52.

-Two days later

-Two days later

A phone rings somewhere far away.

I frown and snuggle more into my pillow. The sleep was slipping away, but I got it again. I force my mind to go back to my dream.

What was it again?

It was something nice. It felt... it felt like baby blue. I frown. Where did it go? Blue, color, black, Scarlett... Scarlett.

I smile. I know it again. Scarlett was saying black wasn't a color, so I was teasing her. If black isn't a color, then baby blue isn't either.

The phone rings again. I groan and frown deeper, feeling the sleep go away again. I open one eye and sigh when I see it's six thirty. I sigh. I'm tired. 

But I pick up. I hide my face in my pillow again to still get some rest. 

"Owen," Scarlett cries. I fly into a sitting position, alarmed. "What's wrong, darling? Tell me," I demand and search my pants.

Come on, where the fuck are they?

"I-I don't get it. How do you calculate x again? I've been up for almost two hours and I lost it again," she sobs. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Okay, she's fine.

"We've got this, darling. I'm on my way, yes? Try to revise something else until I get there, something you know you can do," I tell her. She sniffles. "Okay. Will you bring chocolate?"

I smirk and walk out of my room—with pants. "Of course, darling. I'm there in fifteen minutes, alright?" "Kay, love you!" she beams and hangs up.

I chuckle and shake my head, walking to the kitchen. We've got chocolate here, in case she spends the night. Which she does a lot, but we certainly don't mind. Surprise surprise.

A shadow in the kitchen makes me stop in place. He's searching through the drawers... 

I look around in the hallway, searching something to beat him. I see a Aaron's bat, which he once won in some quiz. I shrug and pick it up, then head to the person.

Silently, I sneak up on him from behind. He stills, and so do I. "Who are you?" he asks. I scoff. Who am I?

I knock him on the head and he collapses. Switching on the lights, I recognize him. What the hell?

It's Mike. Scarlett's ex.

I kick him, but he doesn't react. His body has gone limp at the light touch of the bat. I didn't even hit him hard.

I look at my phone, seeing I only have five more minute to get chocolate and go to Scarlett. She'll kill me when I'm too late.

And today is her exam, so I have to be there for her. Sighing, I drag his body to Jordan's door. I've done this way too much, I'm done. Others can do the job now.