37.

I rush inside

I rush inside.

Mom smiles at me. "How is that poor Owen?" I give her a quick smile. "He's doing better! Is Dallas still here?"

She nods. "In Tom's room. Why-" "Thank you!"

I run to Tom's room and slam open the door. They look startled, and I glare at Dallas. Dallas, who has tears on his cheeks. 

He gulps when I point in his face. "You better make up, Dallas! Be a man and tell him you're sorry!" I tell in his face.

He winces. "Scarlett, I-I can't," he mutters. I scoff. "Of course you can't! I'm Dallas, and I'm popular! I care about my reputation more than I love my boyfriend," I mock him.

He stands up, glaring at me. "You know that's not true!" he yells. I scoff again. Dallas takes a step closer, but Tom jumps in between and pushes us both backwards. Dallas sits back on Tom's bed, and I lean  against the door, which is closed now. Mom doesn't need to hear.

"You know, Dallas, for once in my life, I had thought those popular boys aren't that bad. But now, I think they're worse. You let Dylan, who loves you, fall like he's nothing to you!"

I expected Dallas to yell at me again, but he starts sobbing. I frown at Tom, who shrugs. "Scarlett, he's everything to me! But I just- I only hurt him," Dallas whispers.

I roll my eyes. "Bullshit. If you truly loved Dylan, then you would have figured it out. But no, you just ditch him and expect him to be okay with it," I say, anger boiling through my veins.

Dallas' shoulders slump. "You're right," he mutters, staring in front of him. He stands up and looks at me with big eyes. "You're fucking right, Scarlett! Thank you," he smiles and runs out of the room.

I scoff, "I'm always right." Tom chuckles. Then, he glares at me. "I'm popular. I'm not bad," he says. I laugh. "I had to make it dramatic, little bro."

He keeps glaring at me. "I'm older than you, so shut up." 

I shrug, grinning. "I was first, so you must shush." Then, I walk out of his room.

I hear him call something after me, but don't listen and lock my door behind me.

I jump on my bed and pull my phone out.

Me: I think he got it

Dylan: Thanks Scarlett, but I don't know if he should anymore

I roll my eyes. He was crying just half an hour ago!

Me: What do you mean???

Dylan: Maybe we really weren't meant to work out

Dylan: But really, thanks for trying!

Me: I hope you'll be okay <3

Really, all I care is that he's okay. With or without Dallas, I just want a happy best friend. But if it's without Dallas, I won't be so lonely at lunch anymore...