Chapter Twenty-Two

I wake up the next morning to the sound of excessive banging on my front door. "Everrrlynn."
I hear someone screaming near my window.

"Oh my fucking god who is that??" I hear Rafe groan next to me in bed.

There's more screaming and I finally pull myself out of bed. I grab Rafe's tshirt from the floor and throw it on. I groan the entire way down the stairs and unlock the door, letting in JJ, Kie and Pope.

"Good morning sunshine!" JJ says immediately and I scoff before running back upstairs. I head to my bathroom and I hear them walk into my room.

"Oh Rafe! What a shock to see you here." Pope says sarcastically and I hear Rafe groaning.

"Good morning Country Club." Kie says to him. "You guys I'm warning you, I'm naked under these sheets." Rafe tells them as I see JJ sit on the bed next to him.

"That is so gross." Kie says while making a face. I lean against my bedroom door and stare at them, wondering why the hell they were here this early.

"Ohhhh WOOD you say you're having a good morning Rafe?" JJ says while laughing hysterically.

"Come on JJ, you know how HARD it can be to wake up sometimes!" Pope jokes as he high fives JJ. Rafe laughs while in bed.

"Why are you all here?" I ask. "Jeez stop with the hospitality." JJ tells me. "We're hanging out today, Sarah's having a 'luncheon' for us." Kie says dramatically.

"Lunch? it's so early." I tell them. "Ev it's literally 2pm." Kie says pointing to the clock. "Oh shit." Rafe says.

"Alright get dressed we're leaving." Kie says before she, JJ and Pope leave the room.

Fifteen minutes later we're at the Cameron's for Sarah's rather elaborate 'luncheon'. She's doing this to celebrate the Summer almost being over.

"Remind me why she's doing this again." Rafe groans as we walk up to the house.

"Because it's a nice thing to do for us Rafe." Kie says back. "I never do fucking nice things for you guys." He says back as if Sarah is crazy to.

"You buy us coke man, that's pretty fucking nice of you." JJ says and Rafe smiles. "Yeah just take it easy with the coke JJ." Kie makes a face as she tells us that JJ hasn't gone three days without doing coke this Summer.

"Is that so JJ?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "No thoughts. Head empty. Just coke." He jokes and we laugh.

"Oh you guys are here!" Sarah says energetically as she sees us.

I take a look at the spread on the table. She really was extra. We all take a seat and begin eating after Sarah toasts to this Summer.

I'm sat sandwiched between Kie and Topper. Kelce and John B are opposite me. Rafe's seated at the head of the table and is fighting with the guys about who 'really won' the pool tournament.

"Things okay with Rafe?" Kie asks me softly. I take a bite of my food and nod. "Yeah we're working on it. We're not exactly together yet." I tell her.

"Seemed like it this morning." She tells me. "Yeah, I spoke to JJ about it last night and it really put things into perspective." I begin.

Just then I think about what happened with JJ and the slight possibility that something like that would hurt Kie. I didn't want to take my chances.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I whisper to her and she looks up. The others were talking and laughing pretty loudly so I was pretty sure no one could hear us.