Chapter Fourteen

It's been an entire week of fun and tons of Rafe. We hung out almost every single day and it felt like time stood still every time we were together. Everyone in the group was over all the Rafe problems we had and it felt like the best Summer.

I say bye to my parents as I leave the house, carrying my overnight bag on my shoulder. Kie picks me up and we head to Sarah's. Just the three of us were having a sleepover tonight and I could not be more excited.

We stop at a wine store and pick up a few too many bottles of wine, it was going to be a good night. I hadn't seen Rafe since he took me to lunch at the Country Club today. I wasn't sure what his plans were for the rest of the day so I hoped I'd run into him at the house.

Kie and I walk in and see Sarah balancing a cheese board, platter and a few plates up the stairs. "Oh great, you guys can help me." She says and we take some things off of her.

She loved being extra and had insisted on a wine and cheese night just for the girls. Once the three of us are in her room and have around two glasses of wine in, we get to talking.

"I need to talk to you guys about something." Kie begins and we look up at her. I finish the last of my cracker and cheese dip. "Shoot," Sarah says. Kie takes a deep breath.

"You guys know that Pope's been, I don' know, 'adjusting' to the whole JJ and I thing pretty well," She begins and we nod. "I thought that was really big of him, to get over it that fast." I say and Sarah nods in agreement.

Kie shakes her head. "See, that's the problem." She begins. "I always thought that Pope would kind of be in love with the idea of us forever. After everything that went down with us this year, I kinda liked knowing he'd always be by my side." She says.

"But he still has your back as a friend." Sarah says. "Maybe I don't want it just as a friend." She admits. Oh boy. "Wait so, now you're off JJ and back to Pope?" Sarah asks, sounding alarmed.

Kie buries her face in the pillow on her lap and groans. "Kie it's okay, you just need to know exactly how you feel and make a decision once and for all." I tell her. "But that's just the thing, I can't. Pope and JJ both mean the whole entire world to me." She says.

"Maybe you guys are just too close for anything more than friends." Sarah shrugs. "I've wondered about that. What was it like for you and Rafe?" Kie asks me. I shrug.

"We weren't as close you and Pope or JJ. I guess it would be different if it was Topper and I, that's closer to your situation, but with Rafe it feels like the most normal thing in the world." I tell them.

"Do you think maybe you can't be with any of them?" Sarah asks, earning a groan from Kiara. "I honestly have broken way too many hearts this summer you guys." She says and we laugh.

"Hey, this was me last summer with all the Topper drama." Sarah says laughing. We all laugh at this. There's a knock on the door and Rafe walks in. My heart spins a little, I get so excited even just seeing him.

He looks insanely cute, wearing black jeans and a grey collared tee.  "Hope I'm not interrupting." He says as he walks in and over to me. "Actually, you are." Sarah groans.

Rafe laughs as he walks over to me. I'm sitting at the edge of Sarah's bed. He wraps his arms around my neck and I lean back onto him.

       I look up at him and smile. He reaches down for a second and kisses me quickly. The butterflies he gave me never seemed to go away.

I notice Kie smiling at us while Sarah groans lightly. "Are you guys coming to Topper's?" He asks us. "For what?" Kie asks. "Oh wait, John B just asked me." Sarah says, glancing at her phone.