Chapter Three

But I was freaking out at the same time. Rafe seemed way more threatening than other guys, I guess because he was older and seemed way more confident. I begin feeling like I'm way too small in some way and Rafe might not even be interested in me like that. This makes me nervous so I try to make small talk.

             "So how do feel about college?" I ask lightly and my voice comes out shaky. He is still making this dazed out face as he is staring at me. "Oh you know, good uh Penn State is uh, I'm sorry can I just- " he says before leaning forward and crashing his lips into mine.

           For a second I don't even know how to react and the alcohol is really slowing down how fast I can process and think. All I know is Rafe's hands are on my cheeks and his lips are on mine. He's so pressed up against me and I'm trapped between him and the balcony railing. My hands make my way to his hair and I kiss him back, slowly but deeply. I feel him move his tongue into my mouth and meet mine.

           The kiss is full of force and passion and is heated from the very beginning. I start to stop thinking and only enjoying the feeling of Rafe's lips on mine. Our tongues slide around together and I part my lips more for him. I hear him moan slightly in my mouth and I pushed myself against him more. I feel him biting my bottom lip and I groan lightly.

           How long has this kiss even lasted? He finally pulls away from me to catch his breath. He takes a few steps away from me and touches his hand to his mouth. I look up at him in absolute shock of what just happened. I realize I am not sober enough to process this properly and I just look at him waiting for a response.

           "You uh, you taste like tequila" he stutters lightly finding it difficult to speak. "Yeah, I just downed some, which is probably why um- that just happened," I say finding it hard to find words to speak. Rafe nods, still touching his lip.

            "Yeah, makes sense. I'm pretty drunk myself." He says trying to make sense of things. I nod lightly. He looks around the balcony slowly. "Do you uh, do you wanna do it again?" He asks me slowly as if he is proposing something crazy. I look at him and smile. Of course, I wanted to do it again, I was drunk enough to. "Yeah!" I say and he rushes back to me.

             Once again, his lips are on mine. His hands are squeezing my waist now and mine are in his hair again. This kiss is so overwhelming and so strong, I'm almost scared I'll tip over the balcony from how heated this is. Rafe's hand moves higher and I feel his hand over my chest. He squeezes lightly and fondles me over my top. I moan a little and I feel him smile into the kiss. I tug on his hair a bit and keep moving my lips against his.

            His hands slip underneath my top which is now sticking to my chest courtesy of the tequila spill from earlier. I feel his fingers touch my stomach and move towards my chest. It's then when I hear noise coming from Sarah's room, I quickly make out JJ's voice. I push Rafe back as he hears it as well. He pulls away and walks to the side pretending to look over the balcony just as JJ and Kie walk towards us.

            "What are you guys doing up here?" Kie asks us. She looks absolutely trashed and has hickeys all over her neck. Nice work JJ. "We thought some people were messing around here, what are you doing here?" Rafe spits back sounding really irritated. "Oh, um we were just- hiding from Pope." Kie says lightly.

           The drama in the group was really reaching its peak. Pope and Kie had had some type of summer fling and Pope was not over it. So Kie and JJ hooking up was not about the make things any easier. We all fight about it all the time, but there's nothing we can do about it, it's between the three of them. John B and Sarah drunkenly waltz into the room, John B locking the door behind him, much to Rafe's demise.

           "Woah- what is going on here?" John B says when he notices the four of us in the balcony. Rafe rolls his eyes. "What are you guys doing up here?" Rafe asks Sarah looking annoyed as hell. I can't tell what is making Rafe so annoyed, the fact that we were interrupted, the realization that Kie and JJ were hooking up probably in his room, seeing his sister and John B about to hook up or the fact that he was in the middle of all this.

          "I was just bringing John B up to my room, to hook up at a party like all do! What are you all doing here?" Sarah says slurring her words, she's obviously wasted. "Wait who's hooking up here? Why are you all upstairs?" John B asks trying to analyze the situation. JJ and Kie pass a guilty look to the rest of the group.

           "Guilty!" JJ says sticking his hand up in the air only for Kie to high five it. I laugh lightly. "And you two!" Sarah says looking at Rafe and I. I look over at Rafe who looks annoyed as hell, as always. "God grow up Sarah" Rafe says as he charges out of the room. I smile to myself lightly. It's about twenty minutes later when I find myself asleep next to JJ and Kie on Sarah's bed. I passed out so quickly, I couldn't process everything that had just happened.