Chapter Eleven

Disclaimer: seggs
————————————————————-

Seeing Rafe at the party honestly made me change my mind about things. I guess I did want to explore things with him and just see where the hell it would end up.

It was summer and we both didn't have anything else to do for the next two months, so why not each other? He looked amazing at the party.

He was in an untucked black buttoned-down shirt. He looked heavenly. I make eye contact with him for the hundredth time for the night. I guess this is really going down.

"I'm gonna go," I tell Kie and she understands what I mean instantly. She gives me a smile and passes her drink over to me.

"One last boost of confidence?" She says smiling. I smile back at her. "I don't need it," I say.

I turn and walk away and hear her clapping behind me. I make my way over to Rafe who is talking to Kelce.

He stiffens up a bit as he sees me walking over to him. He runs a hand through his hair and scans me up and down as I approach him.

Kelce tells him something and walks away, smiling at me. "Hey," He says as I'm standing next to him. "Hey," I say back. There is a light level of awkwardness but I don't really mind it.

I notice him scanning my body over and over again. "That dress looks good," He says while taking a pause from staring at me. He gazes around the party and I follow his eyes.

"It'll look better off," he says chuckling and I smile to myself.

"Listen, do you wanna leave with me?" He asks me. I look into his eyes. He swallows hard. I wonder what his reaction would be if I actually said no. I don't really care anymore, I don't want to play games anymore.

"Yeah," I say nodding. He gives me a light smile. "Let's go" he says and motions for me to walk out. I listen and walk towards the entrance of the party.

Rafe is close behind me and I feel his hand on the small of my back. He lightly traces my skin over my dress.

We get our coats and I notice Sarah, John B, JJ, Topper and Kie watching us leave. It really doesn't bother me how they would feel about this. I don't care anymore.

Rafe gets the door for us and I slip on my camel toned trench coat. The air outside was cool and this dress made me freeze up instantly.

Rafe and I walk towards his Jeep. He opens the door for me and then gets inside. Even though I knew I wanted this a 100% my nerves were all over the place. I had never been this nervous before.

         "Your jeeps back?" I ask him and he nods. "Dad got Barry and his guys cooped. We're never going to see them again." He tells me and I nod.

I didn't try to make conversation with him because I knew it would stress me out even more to come up with things to say. There was so much on my mind and I couldn't come up with words.

I wanted this night to never end but I knew it would and I had no guarantee for the future for Rafe and I, so tonight might really be it.

We're driving for about 5 minutes when Rafe finally speaks. "Where do you wanna go?' he asks me softly. I watch how hot he looks while he's driving. I'm so into him it actually hurts.

"I don't know," I say. I sound extremely small and muted but I can't muster enough strength to sound casual.

"Wheezy's at the house and uh Sarah's friends might be going back there after," he says as he talks about our options. I nod.