Chapter 30

Adler came up to us slowly, I sat on one of the chairs near the railing I just need to turn my head to the side and I would be overlooking everyone.

Albert stood right next to me and I saw some people down below staring up at us Albert put his hand on my shoulder confusing me.

I looked to him to see he is glaring to the side of me, I turned to see one of the men who were staring at me earlier was cowering away.

I looked back to Albert and he was grinning "Did you have to?" I asked.

"I don't like people looking at you like they can attain you and if you like the attention so much I can give you as much as you want after" Albert leant down to my ear "We will be alone here after we talk to Adler, you just have to stay quiet."

I was blushing badly as he moved back with a big smirk on his face and I noticed Adler coming up the stairs.

She awkwardly moved over to us and I found it cute.

"I am very impressed by your disguise" I spoke up looking to her

"So you adopted a second persona to come here tonight, Irene Adler?" Albert asked he was leaning onto my chair with his hand on mine.

"You could have taken me into your custody at Baker Street, the fact that you both didn't shows that you do not wish to deal roughly with me" She mumbled.

"I wouldn't do well at that" I laughed.

She seemed to relax a little "Additionally thanks to you both arranging this anonymous affair I decided that I could trust you two as people I could negotiate with."

"A judicious decision, we have been put in charge by the government with this matter you may freely take our word to be the word of the British Government" Albert informed her.

"And her royal majesty" I added, "Now I would like to not dance around anymore, are you willing to return the papers you stole from the palace?"

"Of course, however, I have some conditions" She answered, "Firstly you must guarantee my safety, secondly you must overlook the crime of my theft if you both oblige to these two conditions I will return them at once."

"My you're quivering" I commented making her flinch "With good reason too."

"Our answer on behalf of the government is no" Albert answered.

Her mouth fell open "You do understand that you are just one person, this is a kingdom, a country with many people, what you stole could make the country fall and kill many innocent people if we are not careful" I reminded her.

"We were afforded no room to bargain in this matter from the very start, the orders we were issued were to take back the papers no matter what and to liquidate you" Albert explained.

"Then why did you call me here!?" She freaked out.

"Whilst I am an agent of the government it was not in that capacity that we summoned you" Albert informed her "We had our reservations from the outset, why did the thief who stole the documents choose not to do anything?"

"From your body posture, I can tell your desperate, frightened and are looking for an escape since what you took was something the Queen even asked for my assistance with" I grinned "That means you have something you can't handle."

"Overlooking your crime and guaranteeing your safety after learning a state secret would be asking the impossible" Albert laughed.

"Then you both are only here to inform me directly that I have no hope of-" She got angrier.

"No, we did not" Albert interrupted her.

"We are here to hold our hand out to you, the only hand that can save you" I held out my hand.