49

There was silence between them, a contended peaceful silence as they curled up close

There was silence between them, a contended peaceful silence as they curled up close. Frankie's fingers were running through Elijah's hair soothingly while his hand traced circles on her hip.

"Did Tristan see the visions from the prophecy too?" Frankie asked. She saw how her question caused him to tense and then frown with concern and while she continued on, her fingers continued to brush through his hair reassuringly, "Is that what he said when he was telling you why he sent those Strix guys to follow me?"

"I don't know if he saw you," Elijah said honestly, "He said he was doing it for me, looking out for you to prevent anyone using you against me. Please, I don't want you worrying about the prophecy, I will not let anyone hurt you."

"You said they don't actually hurt me."

"My sweet," Elijah sighed, pulling her closer so her eyes met his, "Please."

"I'm not worried," she protested, "I just was thinking about it."

"Frankie."

Elijah didn't like her worrying, he still couldn't stand seeing anxiety or fear run through her because he knew everything she'd been through and he cared too much about her to let her suffer. She could see the worry in his face even as he pushed her concerns away and her eyebrows knitted themselves together in a frown.

It was clear the dismissal of the prophecy was more for her sake than for his and while she knew he clearly hadn't stopped thinking about it, she'd at least pretend she would so he needn't worry about her.

"Alright, I'll drop it," her hand slipped to his and she squeezed it gently, "I should probably head out anyway, I want to try and pack some stuff for Ric's so I don't have to do it in the morning before I drive out."

"I'll come over once I talk to Niklaus," he promised, pressing a kiss to her before standing.

Frankie groaned as she stood from the bed, warm and inviting and instead began her ever constant search for her clothes that had been abandoned by them both earlier and now lay strewn through his room.

"Thanks," she mumbled as she tugged her trousers on and Elijah passed her her shoes, "You're not fussed with me ditching you for Ric's thanksgiving, right?"

"I'm not American and I was alive long before the supposed pilgrimage," he reminded her, "I think it'll be good for you to see your brother. That and it'll probably be good to stay away from Niklaus until he's forgiven me."

"He'll forgive you," she promised, "he loves you. Plus he's not going to hurt me."

"No one will."

Frankie rolled her eyes, pressing forwards and kissing him deeply.

She was pleased to be here with him again and while she was excited to see her brother after her sudden disappearance from Mystic Falls, she'd miss Elijah in that time too. Things felt good for her, for them, even with everything going on around them. Despite Klaus and the prophecy and the Strix, Frankie felt like things were actually working for once.