Chapter 96: Return of the Devil

"Where the fuck have you been?!" I roared furiously at the white wolf in front of me, who had her bowed in an apologetic manner.

Right now, I was once again standing in the vast field of grass under the never ending night sky. This place is where I found my wolf at last.

***

.

.

I'm here.

You--... where have you been?

It's.... complicated. The voice responded hesitantly, adding more to fuel to my rising anger.

"How is it complicated?" I seethed aloud, gritting my teeth both in pain and annoyance. "You're saying it as if we were back at step one, before I figured out who were werewolves."

The healing came to slow stop. "Like you're still keeping secrets from me." I finished with a slight snarl at the end of my voice.

I--... (Y/N), I'm sorry.

"So I am right. You do know the answers that no one knows, don't you?"

Yes, but please wait--

I cut her pleading voice off. "What was it you said? When all that will happen, has happened, only then will you reveal all that I wish to know? Just a whole bunch of lies, isn't it?"

No! Ziahra quickly defended herself. I stand by my words, (Y/N). I have never, and will never, break a promise! Not once, not ever, not in the thousands of years I have been alive!

My arm reached out to turn the shower on again, not reacting by the slightest as the cold water hit me. "Then prove it."

Tonight, when you sleep, you'll meet me. Ziahra explained swiftly. In the same place as before.

"And if I don't?"

You will. She will bring you there herself.

She? I paused, my eyes widening under the pouring water, all my actions brought to a halt. The Moon Goddess?

We will talk there, (Y/N). Until then.

Before I could protest, Ziahra disappeared from my conscious, sparing no tracks or trace behind. I was left alone once again, my head, shoulders and back thundered by the streaming water above.

The wolf's words echoed through my mind as I took the soap and sloppily cleaned myself. I don't understand. Why there? Why does it have to be at the goddess' place herself?

I couldn't figure out a reason. Is it because I'm a lord? Do lords always discuss things in the Moon Goddess' personal backyard? I wouldn't know. No one's ever told me.

Once I was done with the soap and shampoo, I hastily rinsed the bubbly foams away, lazily scrubbing the exterior skin almost by instinct since most of my consciousness was occupied by my thoughts.

The cold air I felt when I stepped out was a wakening jolt, to say the least. I paused by the mirror, eyes unintentionally drifting up to look at the pair of white, wet wolf ears poking out of my hair. My wet tail was heavier than usual, since the thick fur was completely soaked with water.

I thrashed it around as much I was able to, droplets of water flying all over the small room. In the end, I only managed to shake off a small amount of the total water sitting on the millionds of strands of fur.

I guess I can use a hairdryer, I thought with a shrug, bringing my gaze back to the mirror. Though I'll have to deal with it looking like a fur bomb for a whi--