Chapter 46: I What?!

Happy cheers filled the air as we rushed out of the class. Finally, exams are over, and I couldn't be happier than this.

I walked out with Levi, making our way through the hall together. There would be small talk between us every now and then about the test, but that was it.

As we were walking in the hall, I couldn't help but overhear a strong subject rising from the usual chats of everyone.

Levi noticed it too, since he asked me, "What the hell are they all excited about?"

I stopped abruptly, looking at a poster to my side and sighed. "Prom. What else is there to be excited about?"

"Oh crap, I totally forgot about prom. Do we have to go?"

I shurgged. "I think so. Hey, what the hell is the king and queen thing?"

"That," a voice said from behind me, "is something you should've already known."

I turned around instantly, meeting a pair of soft, golden eyes. "Kazu?"

Kazu chuckled, "Yep, it's me. Long time no see eh?"

I nodded. "Long time doesn't even begin to cover it."

Beside me, Levi stood still as he gazed at the taller man, a frown on his face. "Hey (Y/N), who's the douchebag?"

I flinched, giving a nervous smile as I turned to Levi. "Haha, you're so funny Levi," I said, gritting my teeth. "Kazu isn't a douchebag, he's my friend and our senior, who also happens to hold a very important position in the Student Council."

Levi got the meaning, and muttered an apology.

"It's okay," Kazu replied, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. He turned back to me. "King and Queen of Prom for the rest of this year, until the next prom. That's what it means."

"Ohh....."

"By the way," Kazu's eyes flashed as we spoke, "are you going to prom?"

I shrugged. "I don't know.. I don't exactly have anyone to go with.."

Kazu almost jumped when he heard my answer. "Well, if that's the case, then will--"

"--Actually," Levi butted in, stepping forward. "(Y/N) is mistaken. She is going to prom."

The raven grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. "With me," he finished, glaring at Kazu.

"She what?"

"I what?"

My eyes darted to Levi, about to deny what he said before he gave me a meaningful stare that kept my mouth shut.

Levi turned back to Kazu. "So her answer's, no. Now if you'll excuse us, we need to get going."

I didn't really fight back as Levi dragged me away from a disappointed looking Kazu. As soon as we had a safe distance from him, Levi let go of my hand.

"Hey what the fuck man?" I hissed at him.

Levi scowled, "What do you mean, what the fuck? I just saved your fucking ass!"

"You didn't save anyone's ass you shit!"

"Didn't you fucking see it?!"

"What?!"

"His eyes!" Levi snarled. He clenched and loosened his fist a couple times, taking deep breaths along with it.

I also calmed myself down. "...what about his eyes?"