27: marriage?

2 years later:
After the first year me and Karvon kept traveling. It's fun and we've saw so many different places, met new people, tried new foods, experienced different cultures, etc. We go home often to see everyone but we're never in one spot for too long. It honestly feels like no time has passed. Right now we're in Paris about to go somewhere tonight.

"You and unkle Karvon come to my birtway pawty?" my nephew Devin asked me on FaceTime. His birthday's in two weeks and he's been bringing it up non stop. He knows we never miss anything important.

"Yes, we'll be there baby. Janiya over there?" I asked referring to J-money and Layla's daughter.

"No. Her and uncle j go home." He said and I nodded. Layla and J broke up last year because they said they weren't feeling the love anymore. Nothing went wrong the spark just died, they now co-parent there daughter Janiya. There really mature about everything and they still respect eachother, which makes it easier on them.

"Ouu there go my baby mama." I smiled seeing Rose walk past the camera. Rose and Andre got married last year and there having there second child soon. I'm so happy for them, the wedding was beautiful. She laughed and did a twirl. We talked for a few minutes before Devin begged for the phone back so she gave it to him. We were talking until Killa interrupted us.

"Wassup lil nigga." Killa cheesed taking my phone out my hand. Here they go again, everytime I try to talk to that lil nigga he taking the phone. I rolled my eyes and sat there salty packing my bag as they talked about everything under the sun. They finished talking and he handed my phone back.

"After we leave Paris we don't have anymore trips planned, you want go home permanently or you wanna keep doing life on the go?" I asked. I'm down for either or. On one hand I'm ready to advance my career, on the other I don't want to stop traveling the world.

"Let's discuss it when we go back home. I'm kind of in the middle about it."

"Me too, but let's get dressed and head out. We need to enjoy our last day of vacation."

We spent the day in Paris trying different foods and tourist attractions. Karvon wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower last because he wanted to see it at night.

We made it there and it was beautiful at night. The lights were reflecting, there was a few people but it wasn't loud, it was extremely peaceful.

Karvon asked a stranger to record us while I was busy pointing at something in the distance. I turned around and he was on one knee.

"Will you marry me?" I instantly started crying

"HELL YEAA."

We spent the rest of the night in Paris having fun. Then we went back to the hotel and fucked like rabbits. We was all over these people Airbnb.
.
.
.
Our flight home landed 30 minutes ago and we're just now getting to our house. Nobody knows we're coming back today or that we're engaged so we about to announce it.

Me and Killa casually walked in Andre and Rose house and everyone's heads snapped in our direction. We purposely showed up to there get together, even though we told them we couldn't make it until Devin's birthday. At first it was just a quick surprise, but now we're announcing our engagement too. Luckily it's just a game night, i feel like it's rude to announce good news during other people's good news (sometimes).

"GUESS WHOS ENGAGED BITCHES." I yelled holding up my hand. They started congratulating us, we we're all catching up and Kay walked in.

"IS THAT KAY I SEE?" I yelled running up and hugging her. She laughed and returned the hug. "How's college. Wait hold that thought. Your mama here?" I asked looking behind her. She laughed again and nodded.

I saw her in the car and quickly went out there. "Hey mama K" I cheesed. Me and her talk on the phone all the time, I really love this woman.

"Hey baby, is that a new ring I see.???" She asked smiling.

"Yup we're getting married."

"Ouuu, we gotta start planing the wedding asap. What colors y'all doing? You got a venue in mind? Where my grand baby?"

"Woah slow down" I laughed. "He just asked yesterday, and we don't know about babies yet. We're gonna decided soon if we want to keep traveling or start settling down at home."

"Let me know what y'all decide." We sat outside in the car talking and Karvon came outside.

"Hey mama." He said hugging her.

"Hey baby. You getting so big." She smiled then turned to me. "I ever told you about the time his big ass broke my sink? I'm getting heated just thinking about it."

We both laughed at her. "Nahh yeen never told me, what happened."

"Mama don't tell her. I already get enough embarrassment over that story."

"Ouu I gotta hear it now. Spill mama K."

"So girl he was about 10 right ? And he always used to play with some bad ass lil boys from the neighborhood. This was before he hit his growth spurt so she was a lil chunky and he was short. He wasn't fat but he wasn't skinny either. So I come home from work and his bad ass standing on my sink, while them boys there egging him on. He heard me jumped down and fell. Took the whole sink out the wall. Bust my pipe and everything. I beat his ass and all his friends asses too. Then I made him clean that shit up." she looked so mad about the situation and I couldn't help but laugh.

We stayed outside talking for about 15 minutes before we said our goodbyes and went back to the game night.

"AUNTIE." Devin yelled when he seen me.

"Heyy nephew." I said bending down picking him up.

"You bring me presents?"

"You know I did, come on." I responded grabbing a bag full of gifts I got him from every spot we went to.

"You get me something?" Janiya asked shyly.

"You know I did. Girl come on stop acting all shy." I handed her a bag full of gifts. I got her something everytime I got Devin something. That's my niece, blood or not.

They said thank you and left to go play with there toys. "Your ass stay spoiling them." Rose laughed looking at them geeked over the toys.

"I can't help it ! Look how happy they look."

"When you gone make me a god mom?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I'm ready for you to bring your kids to play dates. I'm wishing pregnancy on you like you did me. You manifested that shit."

"So what, you love it here." I laughed cause I prolly did manifest that shit. I was wishing pregnancy on her damn near half our conversations. Which is a lot.

"J how you been bitch. You mighty quiet over there."

"Man I'm just thinkin bout some shit."

"Whatchuu thinkin bout?"

"Mane, me and Layla got another baby onna way." My eyes popped out my head.

"Y'all was still fuckin??"

"A few times when we was drunk and stuff."

"Damn. Better Layla than some random broad though, right?"

"I guess you right." Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Layla." I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Hey I'm sorry I'm late." She smiled walking in. "I brought some pie since I was late."

I looked down and saw it was sweet potato pie. "Bloop, I'll take that." I quickly (but not rudely) took it, she laughed, and I went cut me a big slice.

We sat around talking, kind of reminded me of when we used to do this damn near everyday.