footlocker - jalen green

*you work at footlocker 🥵.

"i hope cute dudes come in today." i sighed talking to my co-worker, sativa.

"lowkey." sativa cleaned up our trash. "okay, we gotta go back."

we headed out the back and went to the front. i stood at the front while she worked cash. lakewood is probably the most boring city ever. i'm so tired of it.

suddenly, a group of boys came in. i could careless however i need to go help them. i looked back at sativa and she smirked. "go help them!" she mouthed. i gave her a look and she dead stared at me.

i shook my head walked up to one of them, "hey. do you need help with anything?" he was tall, lanky. probably plays basketball.

he stood there and stared. it took him a minute to respond, "sorry. yeah, can i get these in a size 14?" i grabbed the shoe and headed to the back.

after finding it, i wanted to check my phone for a minute. and after five minutes i went out. "here you go." i smiled and handed him the box. "anything else?"

"think just these, y/n." how did he know my name? "the name tag." he pointed at it. did he just read my mind?

i nodded and laughed it off. i took the shoes to the register where sativa was. "he's cute." i whispered into her ear.

"yeah his friend over there. the one in the black shirt and shorts next to the light skin one, he's hella cute." she smirked.

he walked to us and we started laughing hysterically. i looked at her and she looked at me, we stopped laughing and smiled. "it's jalen btw." jalen, huh?

jalen paid for his shoes and his friends joined him back. "have a good one, jalen." he smiled at me and nodded as he walked out.

"this is something we'll never encounter again." sativa sighed and i playfully pushed her.

as i took my second break, sativa rushed into the back. "HE IS HERE AGAIN." i chocked on my drink.

"what? come again?" she repeated herself and i stood up.

"take my shift for ten minutes. TALK TO HIM." sativa pushed me out the room.

i walked to the register and he was in front of me.
"hey, you need anything else?"

"yeah. i- i- i- i was wondering.." his stutter was too cute.
"when do you get off?"

i looked at my phone and looked back at him.
"in about an hour." ask me out sir. ask me out!

"i was wondering if you want to go out to get something to eat?" he looked at the ground and blushed.

my smile widened, "of course. let me give you my number." he handed me his phone and exchanged me his number for mine.

"i'll text you in a bit." jalen smiled and walked out of the store.

_

hey guys! this was short and sweet because i don't know. just felt like it 🥰. anywaysssss thanks for reading! also thanks for 8K . lovinnnn it 🥺😍🙈.

- sativa 🐻