birthday surprise! - jordan pope

"happy birthday jordan!" i smiled at my boyfriend, who was on facetime. it sucked that i couldn't see him a lot. distance between us wasn't too bad, but still. it was hard seeing each other with our schedules.

"thank you baby." he spoke with a morning voice that made my soul melt.

"what are you doing today?" i set the phone up to where he could see you get ready for school.

"just going to hang out with the boys." i caught jordan smiling at me causing me to blush.
"you're cute when you're shy." i shook my head and laughed.

we always facetimed before class and even during lunch. "okay, i gotta go baby."

"bye, i love you. call me during your lunch, okay? " he kissed the screen and i kissed it back.

"of course. i love you too , happy birthday." i smiled and ended the call.

-

i sat in english class tired as hell. all of a sudden, my phone started to go off.

"y/n y/l/n, please turn your device off."  i nodded my head and looked at my phone as i turned the ringer off.

[imessage]
coleman 🤞🏽 : Hey, I was wondering if you can convince ole' ma to let you slide to napa for the weekend? Please. It's a Friday. It's also your mans birthday.

i excused myself to the bathroom to reply to him.

y/n 🌟: kk. i'll try!

coleman 🤞🏽: Don't tell him. It's a surprise.

let's hope mom says yes. i just want to see my baby. i haven't seen him since last month.

i went home and dropped my things into my room before moving my way into my mom's office. anxiety ran thru my veins. you can do it y/n.

"mom?" i came into the office and stood by the door.

her head turned and now we were looking at each other. "yes, y/n?"

"can i go to napa for the weekend? i'm leaving tonight. it's for jordan's birthday. you love jordan, and i haven't seen him in a while. i won't do anything dumb-

"yeah, go ahead. just tell your dad." she laughed as i came to thank her with a hug.

i nodded and went to text my dad. i packed a few pieces of clothing. a pair of shoes and slides, clothes to sleep in, and clothes to go out in.

i got into my car and played music as i started to make my way down the highway. jordan was calling me. i answered and put my phone in my lap.
"hey babe."

"what are you doing right now?" i couldn't look at him so much, since i didn't wanna die.

"driving to my aunts." i lied. i hate lying to him, but it's a surprise... he can't know i'm on my way.

he looked as if he was getting suspicious. "at seven? ain't she like a nurse?" i ignored his question.
"ugh whatever. i wish you were here." he spoke and i smiled.

"what if i was?" i seemed like i was joking, but i would soon make it his reality.

"we could watch movies, eat, cuddle . get a lil nasty." i could feel his dumb ass smirking thru the screen.

my face turned pink as i became flustered. "shut up. okay, baby. i gotta go."

"take me with you! i promise i'll be quiet!" he whined like a child. we were already on facetime for half of my car ride.

i pulled up in the driveway of the house. "jordan, i gotta go baby."

"okay, i love you." he sighed.

i looked down at my phone and grabbed it. "don't be like that. i love you." i smiled and ended the call.

i texted coleman to open the door. he came outside and i gave him a side hug. "he's inside his room. you're just going to go inside the house and walk in."

i nodded and walked inside. "when's jalen coming?" i heard him yell from the room.

"in like ten?" coleman yelled back and cued me to walk in.

i slowly opened the door, "happy birthday!"

"wait- what? you're here?" i jumped onto him and gave him a huge ass hug. "you're lying. you have to be."

"child..? sometimes you make me think you are so slow. and i ain't talking physically." i started to laugh as i gave him a kiss.

"how long are you staying?" he pulled away and smiled at me.

i smiled widely, "i'm leaving sunday night." finally, id be stayin with him for more than a day or half of a day.

jordan got up and gave me another hug rocking sideways. "you don't know how much i missed you, y/n."

"missed you more."

a/n: this was short and basic. i'm getting to everyone's requests on plots. but thank you for reading!
- sativa 🥰