Chapter Two

Edited 1/24/15

Monday had rolled around quickly as you spent the weekend in your bedroom alone with a bottle of wine.

Mostly you day consisted of crying uncontrollably, cursing at yourself and yelling till you couldn't take the mental abuse anymore. Your eyes would grow heavy from the amount of alcohol you've had and the constant shedding of tears. It had been almost a routine of waking up, not knowing what time you had fallen asleep, or how you got to this spot in the house.

You heard the rumbles of thunder and the flashing of lighting outside. Today was supposed to be a bright, sunny day but the weather matched your mood perfectly.

You groaned out loud and ran your hands over your face. You didn't want to do this.

'Maybe if I don't show up, Levi will call off the divorce.'You thought to yourself, but brushed the thought out of your mind because you knew that wouldn't happen.

You dragged yourself out of bed with as much effort as you could possibly muster.

You were going to sign the papers that was going to take your happiness away; your best friend and your lover Levi.

The alcohol had left a nasty headache for you as you noticed it when you started to stumble towards the bathroom.

You made your way to the bathroom and turned on the hot water. You hopped inside the shower and stood there thinking about important life decisions.

In just a couple of hours, you were going to be a single divorced women living alone with no life.

You washed your body off and got out of the shower and wrapped yourself with a towel.

You shivered when the cold air pierced your skin as you exited the shower and to the dresser where your clothes were.

You made your way to your side of the dresser and grabbed out a (F/c) dress. A dress that Levi had always loved on your body.

Curiosity washed over you as your eyes fell on Levi's side of the dresser where he had kept his clothes nicely folded.

Your fingers brushed over the knobs of the dresser where Levi's hands once were. You opened each drawer up and as expected, it was empty.

You sighed loudly and began to get dressed for the meeting with Levi and your family lawyer that you and Levi shared.

After you dressed up into your clothes, you made your way to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

As you opened the cupboard where the coffee beans and other mixes of drinks sat, your eyes laid upon Levi's mix of black tea.

You carefully picked up the box and looked at it. You opened it, only to be hit with memories once again.

The aroma of black tea mixing in with the air when you would arrive home from work. Levi sitting in the kitchen with his cup of tea in his hand, his eyes wandering over to your form as you walked through the door.

The kiss on your lips from where he would show his affection after you would have to deal with your horrible boss every day.

Your fingers brushed over your lips, the faint sensation of his lips pressed to yours came back for a second then disappeared.

You fought back the tears that were threatening to fall out.Damn you were going to miss coming home to that every day.

You put the coffee in the coffee maker and waited for the coffee to be done. Your feet tapped on the ground as you looked out the kitchen window.

The driveway was still empty expect your car that was sitting by the empty space.

You grabbed the coffee and sat down by the kitchen table and began to look at the news that was flashing on the television screen.

When it was about time to leave, you turned off the television and checked yourself in the hallway mirror before you stepped outside.

Outside was damp and cold as you expected and was even colder than inside your house. You began to think about going back inside to fetch your coat but you decided against that since you were already going to be late.

You huddled your arms against your chest as you made yourself towards your car.You opened the car door that was cold to the touch and got in.

You quickly cranked the car up making the engine roar to life.You closed the car door and turned on the heat as your began to fix your make up in the rear view mirror.

After the car warmed up, you put on your seatbelt and began to back out of the driveway.

Today's the day.

As you were driving, you couldn't help but think about all the things Levi had done with this women.You couldn't even imagine it as you could feel tears beginning to form in your eyes.

After ten minutes of silence in the car, you made it to the office. You frowned deeply when you had seen Levi's car already parked in the front. His body was not seen inside it.

You parked farther away from him so you wouldn't have to see him after you signed the papers. Even though it was farther away from the door, you didn't want to deal with too much drama.

You sighed deeply and stopped the car, putting it in park. You unbuckled your seatbelt and wiped a fresh tear that had fallen.

You looked in the car mirror and pointed at it, looking yourself in the eye through the mirror.

"Don't be a bitch. No matter what he says, what he does, do not be a bitch."You scolded yourself in the mirror before grabbing your purse.

You checked yourself in the mirror one more time and then got out of the car. The sound of your footsteps echoed as you walked towards the door.

You headed towards the front door, the sound of your heels clicking made your heart pound even more. The anxiety getting to you as you knew you were about to face your biggest weakness.

Your hand reached out to the door handle that was covered in raindrops from the recent rain.

Hanji's words echoed through your mind, a warning plea for you to listen to her instructions.

"Just be civilized (F/n), don't raise hell."

You smirked to yourself as you remembered those words, before yanking the door open.

"Hell? I have been living with it for four years now."You said to yourself before stepping inside the office to face your husband.