Chapter 13 :" To Comfort Him"

24 Hours later.. 

Ragini ended the call with her mother and let herself feel a tiny bit of panic at the thought of her visit later that evening, when Ragini visited her parents house  two days ago for lunch she told her parents about the postponed honeymoon trip which didnt make her mother happy that she decided to interfere much to her reluctance, over the course of lunch she had hinted often towards laksh to change his mind . And her husband remained clueless about her mother words that he didnt change his mind . Today when her mother learnt about it ,she decided to have a word with Laksh mom and Ragini already began to fear about the outcome of the said meeting between them.  

She decided the best course of action was to talk with her husband and change his mind, they argued for awhile when he refused to listen to her reasons . She didnt want to spend the first few days of her marriage fighting with him but she cant help it when she felt suffocated from all sides, her husband doesnt seem to care about her ,her parents only want everything to happen their way and she felt all lost and mostly jealous about her husband concern towards his cousin. 

 " Seriously Laksh, you wont marry me if your cousin fiancee ran away, you wont take me to our honeymoon because you want to play cupid for your cousin,  am i gonna be an after thought always , if you really cared you would listen to what i am trying to say , i don't want your mom to think i have already began to complain to my parents about our marriage " Ragini lashed at her husband who refused to change his mind that she left their room in anger and then felt frustrated because there is nowhere else to go .

How can the think she loved about him became the reason she is feeling lost, his easy going made her like him and yet now she wished he had taken her seriously, not wanting to stand in the corridor and not wanting to go back to their room left her with walking to Swara room, since Laksh mom prohibited both of them from entering kitchen to cook for at least a month. She had all the free time in the world , she found Swara with her husband and they both were laughing which made her feel horrible for interrupting them that she was about to leave when her cousin spotted her .

" Did aunty call me ?" Swara asked her and Ragini only shook her head in answer, she didnt want to complain about her husband in front of his cousin and was thankful when Sanskar left them alone few seconds later .  Ragini may not like Swara most of the times because she felt like an inferior to her but if there was one person who understand her turmoil with her mother than it was Swara,so she told her cousin about everything and waited for her counsel .

 " Dad is not helping either, he asked Laksh during lunch if he had any purpose in life or if he is going to remain a shadow to Sanskar. I get it Swara but did he have to say it the very first time Laksh visited their house as my husband, and you know if mom interfered then i cant look at laksh mom face without guilt " Ragini finished speaking up and felt bit less frustrated then before as she found one person who understood her .

 " I will talk with Sanskar , in the mean time try talking to laksh once again or better yet talk with Laksh mom . Let her know that your mother wishes or not yours most of the times, make her understand you would come to her with your grievances rather than send your mother to speak on your behalf, if she trusted your words then she will be able to understand you better , because Ragini,she is going to be a part of your life and from what i have heard about her from Sanskar . I am sure she would understand " her cousin spoke up and Ragini felt grateful that she had been able to come up with a solution because swara was right, her mother interference wont stop just because she was married .

  " What were you doing before i interrupted, it seemed like you were getting along with Sanskar and i am really happy about it " Ragini spoke up and then her eyes fell on the photo albums beside Swara .