Casual Talk

Seokjin

It's my fourth month and I have an appointment with my doctor. Jungkook, as usual, accompany me to my OB. The usual monitoring is being done. Jungkook loves seeing the baby through the ultrasound and more of hearing the heartbeat. His bunny smile says it all, he is so excited for our child.

As we sat on the chair across my doctor, Jungkook asked about the gender. "When can we find out the gender doctor?"

"Next month, we will find out if you'll have a baby girl or a baby boy." The doctor smiled. Maybe she can feel the excitement on Jungkook's voice. I on the other hand remained silent as I'm still not comfortable being around Jungkook.

"Great! I'm excited." Jungkook claps and absent mindedly hold my hand and rub it while smiling at me.

"But Jin, I noticed that you're weight decreased a little. Do you have some problems with your appetite?" The doctor asked me. Jungkook's expression changed from excitement to worry. Of course, he don't have any idea what I'm going through as we are not really talking at each other at the mansion.

"I only want particular foods doc. My appetite is not yet back to normal. I still get nauseous over some foods. Even just by looking at it." I said. Jungkook still giving me a hand massage.

"Is that bad?" Jungkook asked the doctor.

"Well, not at all because that's perfectly normal especially during the first trimester. I will give you some vitamins to keep your nutrients up. Appetite will come back eventually."

"I also have some trouble sleeping at night doc. But in the morning, I think I can sleep the whole day." I said.

"That's also normal Jin. Especially at nights when you need to urinate frequently. Pregnant people also have out of control hormones and they worry a lot about labor and giving birth. It will make you feel exhausted. That's the reason why you looked tired." The OB looked at me with concern and for the first time, I suddenly felt conscious and anxious. Do I look ugly now? I felt embarrassed at Jungkook.

"You know, having sex can help."

My eyes widened and my mouth fell open when the OB said that. I think I flushed a couple of shades of pink. I looked at Jungkook who is intently looking at the doctor while chewing his lower lip.

"Don't be afraid to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy. It's actually healthy for you and the baby. Sex can help your body release your happy hormones Jin. You will have better orgasms, you can sleep better and your blood pressure will normalize. It's good for the both of you."

I don't think my blood pressure is getting normal and I think I'm going to die of heart attack right now. While the doctor mentions the benefits of having sex, my heart keeps on skipping a beat. And I can feel my cheeks getting warmer.

How can she talk about this in front of Jungkook?

"We will try that. Ouch!!"  I immediately kicked Jungkook's shin after he said that and it made him groan. I glared at him.

The doctor laughed. "It's okay Seokjin. You need to be open in discussing things like this with your partner. Besides, pregnancy can make your hormones go out of control. You'll feel better one time then gloomy the next. So it's good to have someone to talk about it."

And I think that's the most embarrassing moment of my life.

꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

On our way home, Jungkook keeps on glancing at me while smiling. I just pout. "What?!" I snarled.

Jungkook laughed. "The doctor said that se...."

"Not happening Jungkook." I cut him out.

Jungkook laughed again. "I know! I know! Can you please calm down? I'm just teasing you. I just want you to feel comfortable when you're with me. I mean, this is the only time that I get to be with you so might as well spend it better right?"

I did not speak. I noticed that he drove past the mansion. "Uh Kookie, I think you already drove past the house?"

"Yeah. I will order our lunch, take it out and lets eat together at home." He said. He is aware that I don't want people seeing us together in public while he is still married. The good thing is that, that's what he wanted too.

"How's school?" He asked. The first time we actually talk casually after a long time.

"Good. It's finals week next week." I said, the semestral is about to end. I will take a break for a while to prepare for my delivery.

"Nice to hear you're doing well in school. Are you still comfortable commuting? You want me to bring and pick you up?"

"No. I'm okay. I can take the bus. My stomach is not that big yet." I smiled while rubbing my tummy.

"I already told Jimin about your pregnancy." I looked at Jungkook. Trying to read his mind.

"Is that okay? Will it affect the decision of your case?" I asked, worried.

Jungkook shook his head. "No babe.."

"Jin.." I corrected him.

Jungkook smirked. "It won't. I guess the decision will come out sooner than we expect. Our mediation was successful. Jimin didn't want anything. All he wanted is Yoonjoon. I offered at least every weekend and he's good with it. We're just waiting for the official decision. Maybe in a month. And he's happy about your pregnancy."

"Really? How is he? Is he okay now?" I heard about what happened between him and Yoongi. I really thought they were still together and it surprised me when I learned that Yoongi left him. And to be honest, I kind of pity him.

"He's now working in a logistics company. Taehyung got him in. He's doing a lot better now."

"Taehyung seems to know everyone?" I asked. I know he's the one who helped Jungkook to trace my location when I went missing.

"His father is very.. I'll say, influential. So yes, it's kind of he has access to just about anything."

We end up eating in a restaurant with a private room. We just talk about anything. Random topics. And it feels good that we're starting to get to know each other better. We have a lot of 'me too' comments which means we have a lot in common.

It's good that we are not rushing to be in a relationship. I learned that it takes a lot of patience for a relationship to grow into real love.