Chapter Twenty Eight- Let It Go

(The rooftop)

(The rooftop)

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Hailey grab the door I'll be downstairs in two minutes!" I shout downstairs to Hailey.

I was dressed in some casual clothes like Mason told me to; beanie, ripped jean shorts, and a graphic tee crop top, with some simple makeup. I grabbed my wallet keychain and raced down the stairs.

"Hi" I said once I reached Mason, a bit out of breath. He was wearing a nice short sleeve top with some khaki pants and tennis shoes, along with a dozen roses in his hand.

"Hello beautiful," He said giving me a kiss on the cheek, before handing me the roses which I quickly go and put into a vase before walking back over to him.

"You ready to go?" He asks, and I nod my head.

Mason grabs my hand and leads me out the door and to the elevator. I reach to press the lobby button but Mason grabs my hand. I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"We're going to the roof." He says as he presses the roof button.

I look back at him, my eyebrows still raised. He looks at me and just chuckles.

"Trust me, you're going to like it." He assures me.

"Okay..." I said a little unsure what he has in store.

When the elevator doors open I gasp and then gape at the beautiful sight. Tea lights are hung up all around and they're wrapped around the railing as well. There's a table in the middle of it all with a tiny candle and two plates, along with a bottle of wine. Then on the left the firepit is burning its beautiful flames as its light, lights up the couch right in front of it.

I turn back around and look at Mason. "It's beautiful!" I admire as I go and hug him.

"I'm happy you like it. Now let's eat!" Mason says grabbing my hand and leading me over to the table. He pulls out my chair for me and I take a seat while he goes over and sits down himself.

"Okay so I know that it's probably not the ideal dinner for a first date but I burnt the other dinner." He says chuckling while bending down and grabbing a bag from under the table. When he pulls the food out, it's takeout.

I laugh." At least you got a food that I like."

"Here's your mongolian beef extra spicy, just how you like it." He smirks setting the takeout box down on my plate.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Hailey, I asked her." He admits.

The rest of the dinner we eat and laugh. The night continues to get late and we eventually end up sitting by the firepit.

"See the little dipper?" Mason asks me pointing up to the sky. I nod my head.

I look up at Mason from where my shoulder lies on his chest. He looks down at me and our eyes just bore into each other. My heart speeds up as I feel him looking at me so intently. I shift my focus back to the firepit. But Mason grabs my chin and turns my head back towards him.

He shakes his head, "Don't."

I look at him and furrow my eyebrows, "Don't what?"

"Don't push me away. Let me in." Mason says.

Still looking at him I nod my head, although I was still scared to let him in. But I was going to give him a chance. So I took him off guard while he's looking at the constellations, and kiss him on the lips. Mason responds almost immediately and begins to kiss me back. We continue to kiss until we both need to take a breath and pull back. The kiss lingers on my lips, leaving me wanting more but I contain myself.

"Wow." Mason says breathlessly.

I didn't say anything but kept my head down as I felt my face turn hot.

"Beautiful," Mason says.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"Thank you." He says.

"Thank you for what?" I ask confused.

"For trying to let me in. I know that it's hard, but I'm not going to break you. Thank you for trusting me." He concludes.

I look up into his green eyes, that are lit by the fire. "Thank you for trying to break down my walls. Thank you for not pushing me." I thank him as well.

Mason stands up and turns back to me and holds him and out, the other behind his back. I stand there looking at him completely confused.

"May I have this dance?" He asks.

I laugh," We don't have music and I'm bad at dancing."

"We don't need music, and I'll lead you, come on." He says pulling me off the couch.

Mason grabs my hand and pulls me over to an open area under the tea lights that swoop down leaving a chandelier feel. We start swaying back and forth and Mason begins to hum a song. I don't recognize it at first but when I do I smile.

"Let It Go, James Bay." I say aloud to him.

Mason nods still humming and swaying.

As Mason hums the song I begin to think that he's humming it for a reason. I think that he's indicating that I need to let go of my past with Valentino and just let it be. Maybe it's just what I want it to mean but I really think he means it. We continue to sway and Mason dips and spin me every once and awhile. When the song ends Mason dips me one last time. But this time it's different, he holds me there for a while, just looking into my eyes. His eyes trail down from my eyes to my lips and this time he kisses me. Sparks seem to fly off of my body by his touch and it's electrifying. When Mason pulls away the sparks vanish and the electricity is gone. Mason stands me up right and smiles.

"I think this was the best first date I've ever had." He says causing me to laugh.

"That's so not true." I say laughing still.

He shakes his head and snakes his arms around my waist." It is, usually there is not first date and if there is, we just go back to my place. But this, this is what I want. I want you Tessa. I want your weirdness. I want your beauty in my life. I want you to be in my life Tessa." He says causing my heart to flutter.

I rest my head on his chest as he kisses the top of my head.

"Come on it's getting late, we have school tomorrow." Mason says grabbing my hand and leading me to the elevator.

Once we get back to my penthouse Mason walks me to the door then we both stop and turn to look at each other.

"Thank you for tonight, it was amazing." I said truthfully, looking him in the eyes.

"You're welcome." Mason said before leaning in to give me a gentle kiss.

When he pulled away my I was flustered so I tilted my head down making my brown curly hair fall over my face.

"I'll pick you up in the morning. Good night beautiful." And with that goodbye Mason leaves and I go inside to find Chloe and Halle staring at the door, waiting for me to spill everything.