Chapter 53: Love alert 2

Blayze

As I rose my eyes away from the laptop, a memory came to mind.

"I wasn't daydreaming about you or anything of that sort..."

Suddenly, a light chuckle left my lips. I couldn't help it. Memories of Caden came back to mind and each time, I smiled to myself. I could barely concentrate with work as thoughts of her flooded my mind.

In the end, I found myself picking up my phone and staring at her contact number.

I miss her. Although I saw her this morning, I earnestly missed her face, voice and strange quirkiness.

I was in an unfamiliar dilemma on whether to call her or not. What would I say if I do call her? That I miss her? That might confuse her. She had made me aware of her feelings and though I felt the same way, I wasn't confident about making it known to her.

I was frustrated with myself. I itched to hold her in my arms but at the same time, I was scared to do so.

What if I do hold onto her and someday she decides she wants to be let go of? What if her feelings are kind of temporary? People do fall out of love quite often. What if she leaves me like the rest? I don't think I'll be able to endure so much once more. These unanswered questions held me back.

Right. People do fall out of love quite often. In a few weeks or a month, she'd realise her true feelings. Yes... I shouldn't dwell too much in this. I should protect my heart like I've always done.

Gradually, I set the phone back on the table and redirected my concentration back on my work.

Caden

I couldn't help it as another sigh left my lips just as my eyes remained glued to my phone. I couldn't think of anything else or concentrate at work. All I could think of was Blayze and how much I was missing him. I needed to hear his voice, that's the only thing that'll set my heart at peace.

Another sigh came through.

My phone was snatched from my hand in an unexpected moment and I looked up meet Mia's face.

"You've been staring at it all day long? Are you expecting a certain important call?"

I stood up and snatched it back from her much to her surprise.

"Yes, so don't take this away from me."

"Perhaps... is this certain important call from Blayze?"

I couldn't help the slight surprise that played on my face. Lately, she has been getting smarter.

I cleared my throat as I looked away from her and sat down once more.

"Well, don't admit it. I already know the truth." She stated amidst a light chuckle and soon she was on her way.

My gaze focused back on my phone and I waited patiently for his call.

In the end, it never came through. At home, I waited patiently for his arrival but he was late and before I realized it, I fell asleep. By the time I woke up in the morning, he had left for office. For a few days, this continued and I could barely get a good glimpse of him.

Strangely, he was working harder than before. It would seem he preferred the office to his home. At a point, a thought crossed my mind that he could be avoiding me. Could it be he felt awkward around me after finding out about my feelings?

But... I really tried not to make him feel that way. I miss him so much but I refrain myself every day from storming into his office and engulfing him in a tight hug. I gave him space. I'm not pushing him into anything. I'd just be grateful if we could be friends.