<>4<>

×
×
×

When Harry finally got back home, he only had two hours to relax a bit and get ready to go back to work.

After taking a nap, he showered, and cooked lunch for himself and Ed.

"How was sleeping at the station?" Ed smirked, not in his uniform yet out of fear that he'd get food on it.

"Uncomfortable, but I managed." Harry said.

"And why exactly did you manage, again?" Ed asked, watching Harry get up and take his plate to the sink.

"Um, well...I felt bad for him." Harry shrugged.

"Did you?" Ed asked skeptically.

"Yeah, Ed. It's my job to protect and help people." Harry said.

"Sure." Ed mumbled.

"Bet you gave him your number, didn't you?"

"....Yeah, but just so he could call me if he's interested in-"

"Sucking your cock?" Ed asked.

"No! In a job as a policeman. He needs a job, so I'm helping." Harry said, turning and looking at his friend.

"But you find him attractive." Ed smiled, looking at Harry over the rim of his cup.

"I mean...possibly. But that's not the point." Harry shrugged with a smile.

"It's definitely the point. I bet he's gorgeous when he isn't wasted and vomiting everywhere." Ed said.

"He's probably married with a wife and kids." Harry said, sitting back down.

"Well, given the fact that you could have anyone in the city that you want, I wouldn't be too sad if your newest interest is taken." Ed said.

"Anyone in the city?" Harry laughed.

"Course, you're gorgeous." Ed said casually.

"Well, thank you but...this guy isn't my newest interest. He's just...someone I know. It's no big deal." Harry said.

"Alright. We'll see in a few weeks." Ed grinned.

Harry simply chuckled, shaking his head.

He doubted that Zayn would even call him.

×
×
×

"So where were you?" Louis asked the moment he and Zayn were alone.

Louis gave Niall his bath and put him to bed tonight, while Zayn did the dishes.

All day Zayn had been nursing his hangover, preparing himself to deal with Louis.

Now, he was sitting on their bed after his shower, while Louis changed out of what he'd been wearing all day.

Zayn watched him, remembering years ago when watching Louis change turned him on.

"Just passed out in my car." Zayn lied, looking away.

"Where's your car, then?" Louis asked, making Zayn pause.

"Oh." He said, realizing his car was still in the bar parking lot.

"Look, I got too drunk and stumbled into the street. I almost got hit by a police car and I was taken into custody for the night." Zayn said.

Louis' heart dropped, and he stared at Zayn. "You could've died."

"I know. I won't get that drunk anymore." Zayn said.

"D'you know where your car is?" Louis asked.