18|Lost?

Gauri was breathing heavily. After few minutes she got normal and drank a glass of water.

"Everything is fine! Everything is fine!"She was continuously muttering to herself.

She sat down to study to distract her mind. She heard some footsteps from her balcony and she stood up quickly shivering.

She ran towards Karan's room and got inside.

"Kya hua Gauri"Karan asked frowning.

She breathed heavily.

"Bhaiya voh balcony se kuch ajeeb awazein aarahi hai"Gauri said scared.

Karan stood up worriedly.

"Mai dekhta hu"He said but Gauri held his hand and hugged him tight.

"Nahi please idhar hi raho"She said hugging him tightly.

"Arey everything is okay baccha!!No need to worry jab tak mai tumhare saath hu"He said kissing her forehead.

He held her hand and started walking towards her room. He opened her room and walked towards the balcony while she clutched his arm tightly.

He opened the door to the balcony and found no one there.

"Yaha to koi bhi nahi hai"Karan said.

"Bhaiya I swear bohot awazein aarahi thi yaha se mai jhoot nahi bolrahi"She replied whispering.

"I believe you,okay. No need to worry beta. I will ask the guards to check. Probably cat or dog must be there"Karan said assuring her.

She nodded horrified.

"Bhaiya aaj mai aapke saath sojau"She asked him.

"Sure"He smiled at her and they both walked towards his room.

She laid down on his bed beside him and hugged him tightly. They both slept cuddling each other.

The next morning Gauri woke up and felt safe in her brother's arms. She believed yesterday was all her hallucination and everything was fine.

Soon all got ready and after breakfast left for their respective places.

Gauri after reaching school got to know that Isha was absent today too. She pouted. She was sad but more scared. She silently sat and thought not to step out of the class the entire day.

She was keeping her book in the small shelf below her table when she found a note.

She took it out and unfolded it.

"Your intuitions are right! Someone is following you darling!And that someone is me" The note stated and Gauri read it horrified. Her hands started shivering. She crushed the paper and threw it in the dustbin.

She didn't know what to do. She just wanted to run to her brothers but she was so scared to even step out.

She was sitting at her seat silently when she suddenly felt the need to use washroom. It was an urgency and she couldn't wait. She was scared to go alone so she asked a girl to go with her. They both walked to the washroom and Gauri walked in while the girl waited outside.

After a minute Gauri came out and found no one outside. She was now scared to hell. Her whole body started shivering. The girl left her alone in the washroom. She heard footsteps approaching and she took steps back. She was shivering and crying. She closed her eyes tight.

The sound grew louder and louder and she cried. Suddenly the sound stopped near the door of the washroom. The footsteps now started walking towards her.