Chapter 4

September 28th 2022

Assad had a pretty decent life growing up, Other than the fact that he had I.E.D ( improvised explosive disorder).
Both of his parents were present and he lived in a pretty big house.

One day when Assad was 11, he was playing basketball with his little brother and sister, while their mom was cleaning up the house and his father was fixing the car.

As he was about to shoot the ball he
noticed a black Cadillac slowly pull up in front of his house. Assad puts the ball down and yells for his dad when he sees the window roll down and a gun sticking out.

Before his dad can turn around and pull out his gun, the man in the car aims at young girl and pulls the trigger three times.

Everything seems to be going in slow motion until they hear the car pull off.

"MAYA" Assad yelled when he saw his sister fall to the ground gasping for breath.

"S-ssad w-what happened-d" Amaya gasped for air.

"Andre go get mom" Assad sniffed as he was crying.

Andre couldn't move, he was stuck in place after seeing what happened to his twin sister.

"ANDRE GO GET MOM NOW" Assad snapped at his little brother to get him moving.

"DAD, DAD WHERE ARE YOU GOING" Assad yelled after his father as he got in his car, trying to find the Cadillac.

"S-ssad-" Amaya said before Assad cut her off
"Shhh you don't gotta talk, you'll be fine"

"Ssad I-i can't-t breathe-e" Amaya said

"Yes you can Maya, I promise you gonna be fine" the Il year old said to his sister,
unsure about his statement.

His mother and brother came back out the house "the ambulance is on their way" Jamie said on the verge of tears. "My baby, m-my precious baby girl, you're going to be fine okay baby?" She said while grabbing her daughter's hand as she laid in assads lap.

"I-I lo-ve you-u guy-s" Amaya said closing her eyes and letting go of her mothers hand.

In three weeks that's incident would happen 8 years ago and Assad was feeling it deeply. He'd never recovered from happened that day.
—————————————

"Damn l'm high as shit" assad stated with a smirk on his face, feeling like he was floating.

"Aye Bro whatchu take now bro" Andre asked his older brother.

Assad smacks his teeth " man just some weed". He's lying, he took 2 percs and then smoked some weed.

"Nigga I know ya' ass ain't just smoke some fucking weed, I smoke weed and it don't do me like that" Andre stated
knowing his brother was lying.

"Nigga chill the fuck out, you bout' ta' blow my high wit that shit" Assad said getting angry at his brother.

"Whatever nigga I'm out" Andre stated as he got up and walked out.

"fuck bro" Assad sighed after watching his brother walk out.

After a while of debating if he wanted to call Bianca he finally did.
"Hey mama" Assad said with his eyes closed.

" hey baby, you okay" Bianca asked feeling the vibe with him was off.

Assad opened his eyes "yea everything coolin, me and my brother just got into it over some dumb ass shit"

"Oh well yall gon get over it soon" Bianca said in a unworried tone knowing how much the brothers disagree.

"Yea...aye whatchu doin' I boutta come get you"

"You look tired baby, why don't you go to sleep" Bianca suggested.

"Na Imma come get you"

"Okay I'll be ready"

"Igh see you mama" Assad said before hanging up and getting his keys.

—————————————

He pulled up in front of Bianca's house and called to tell her he was outside. She came out a few minutes later.

He gets out the car to great her and open the door for her.

"Hey mama" Assad said before kissing her and opening her door.

"Thank you baby" she says as he shuts the door and walks around the get in.

"Ssad did you go to sleep last night at all"
Bianca ask him while turning his face towards her, seeing the dark bags under his low weak eyes.

"Yea" Assad mumbled knowing he was lying before pulling off.
—————————————

"Ssad why don't we take a nap" Bianca suggested while rubbing his head as he laid on top of her, while she was watching TikTok's.

"Whatever you wan' mama" he mumbled drifting off to sleep.

Bianca shook her head at him when she
heard light snores.