Chapter 1

September 12th 2022

Cassandra always considered herself blessed in life, even during the harsh times she was still grateful.  She lived with her mother and her brother in a one story house with three bedrooms, 2 bathroom and a basement.

Her dad had cheated on her mother a few years back leaving her and her brother behind without looking back.

Cassandra sighed as she pulled up into the school parking lot. She sat in her car for a few seconds.

'I do not want to be here' she thought.

yet here she was gathering her things before turning off the car and getting out.

As Cassandra walks towards the building with her AirPods in, on the highest setting, she feels a hand grab her arm. She puts a mug on her face about to swing on the person grabbing her, she soon stops herself when she realizes it's her best
friend.

"WOAH chill out Cassie, it's just me" Bianca said.

"Bianca, you scared the hell out of me—you were about to get a black eye" Cassandra stated rolling her eyes.

"are you ready for today?" Bianca asked waving her best friend off.

"No" Cassandra mumbled before continuing, "Even though this is our senior year I still get nervous"

"girl you gotta get over this 'I'm so scared of people and public places' thing because being out going is so much fun" Bianca said.

'That's easy for you to say" Cassandra thought.

"Mm I guess" Cassandra shrugged.

Bianca sensed that her best friend didn't
know how to respond to her previous statement. So once they got into the building she changed the subject.

"what's your first period?"

"Ap American history" Cassandra replied.

"Yours?" She asked the red haired girl. Bianca looked at her schedule before stomping her feet.

"I got gymmuahh"

Cassandra cringed when her best friend said she had gym first period.

"Dang b that's the worse"

"I KNOWWWWW" Bianca said whining. The bell to first period rung, Cassandra checked the time on her phone.

7:45am

"Okay b I have to get to class—I'll see you" Cassandra said before walking away.

"Bye Cassie"
—————————————

As Cassandra finds her history class, she finds herself a seat near the window.
The late bell rang at 7:50.

the teacher closes the door and introduces herself to the class.

"Hello everyone my name is Mrs evans and I'll be your history teacher for the year" Mrs evans smiles before continuing,
"today we will be doin-" Mrs evans was cut off by the door opening.

Everyone looks towards the door to see who was coming in. It's was this brownskin boy with dreads and pretty low eyes.

Mrs evans looked towards the door after everyone else was "well it's nice of you to join us" she says politely with a smile.

The brownskin boy showed her a small smile Before turning his face back to neutral as he looked for a seat. There were only 4 empty seats left but he chose the one next to Cassandra.

"Like I was saying before, today we will be introducing ourselves to the people closest to your seats" Mrs evans stated "Also i will not be assigning seats so feel free to move around if you would like"

Cassandra was comfortable in her seat so she chose to stay put. After a few seconds passed she turned to the browskin boy.

"what's your name?" She asked him.

The boy turned towards her and looked her up and down before licking his pink lips and saying.

"Bryson"

With that he turned forward and put his beats on.