16. Meeting Parents

The Next Morning

Arnav gets ready in his best attire to meet his in-laws. IN-LAWS seemed a foreign word to him. If someone asked or told about love, marriage, in-laws 10 months back, he would have blasted over that person. But now he is already to meet his beloveds' parents and waiting for their acknowledgement to be with their daughter.

A- Good Morning Khush

K- Good Morning Aru.

A- I will pick you in 30 Minutes.

K- Weren't we supposed to meet at 11.

A- Umm..Yes.. But I have some things to do on the way so early it is..please Khush.

K- Alright Mr. Stubborn Punctual Singh Raizada, see you in 30 minutes.

AT LAXMI NAGAR,
Arnav reaches the Gupta House and honk.
The Gupta's were in the hall engaged in their works.
Khushi on hearing the loud honk stepped out of her room and reached the hall. She informed about them about her leaving and would return back by night.
Buaji wished to inquire more but stopped seeing Shashi's glance and nodded at Khushi amiably.

Arnav picks up Khushi.

K- Hi Aru.
A- Hi Baby. And holds her hand.
K- smile at his gestures.

Arnav starts the car and moves towards Delhi Mall.

K- Arnav, where are we going?

A- To the mall

K- Why?

A- To shop and then for breakfast because as far as I am aware you did not have breakfast.

K- Yes, I did not have breakfast. But what we have to shop.

A- That is for you to tell. What Ma- Papa and others like.

K- There is no need of these formalities baby. They would love you like this also.

A- I know baby, but still these are the basic manners. If my dad would have been here, he would have ensured that I take multiple things along as a form of respect.

K- You adore your dad, don't you.

A- after a short silence- Ya, he was my idol. Irrespective of the fact, my family hates him for the supposed infidelity, I was never able to believe this theory of him cheating. He was an ideal husband, son and a father.

K- Did you ever try to check back about what actually happened?

A- I tried but Di found and she stopped me saying she cannot bear to face the same thing again and also Nani. Her health is of prime importance and any major or fatal blows to her in this age can be detrimental. Hearing this reasoning I stopped my search.
But, you know what, I feel bad, guilty when they say bad about him. Every year on that fateful day, a puja is organized for MA but never for Papa.

K- Holds arnav's hand and says that this year we will do puja for Dad. No matter what. He was a loving father to you and by this relation itself, it is his right to be adored by you.
And about his infidelity, you do not have to worry, we will search about it in detail and then disclose the results to the Raizadas.

A-Hmm. Now, we are late. Let's step outside to shop.

K- As you say my Prince and kiss his forehead.

A- Takes hold of her hand and kiss her knuckles.

They shop for Khushi's Family as per Khushi's instructions, of who like what.
And later they both end for breakfast.

A- let's move to our destination now, if you may please tell me the location Milady.

K- No. Give me the keys. I will drive to my home and you enjoy sitting at the passenger seat.
A- As you say princess.

Khushi starts driving towards the outskirts of Delhi and Arnav on the entire way kept guessing the location about where they are going. But, Khushi being Khushi did not entertain his questions making him pout and finally they reached the place.

Arnav stepped our of the car and was flabbergasted on seeing the mansion. It seemed as nostalgia had hit him but he could not pin point what was missing. He remained silent.

On the other hand, Khushi was observing his expressions.

K- Chale Aru..
A- Khush this place..
K- This is my home, where I grew up..
The Malhotra Mansion or as we call it Vrindavanam, the house of lord Krishna and Radha.

Welcome to our Vrindavanam Aru!!