3. Interview

It has been two days since Payal's wedding has cancelled. Gupta House had become a mourning hall. The only voices that can be heard would be Bua Ji's curses, amma's melodramatic guilt tripping, babu ji's silence and our Khushi's silent cries.

Guptas' had taken a loan from the moneylenders who were standing on their door the very next day the wedding broke. This just added to Khushi's plight as Babuji has fallen ill. Bua Ji and Garima were busy in crying and were not ready to face the reality or were not accepting that it was their folly who misjudged the groom and his family. The shop was closed.

Khushi, being the kindest soul could not see through the selfish nature of the entire family and hence decided to take up the burden. She has been in Delhi for the past Six Months and was working as a freelance designer. However, she came across a post or referral offer on her social media about a job vacancy for the post of Personal Assistant in AR DESIGNS. She had gotten up early to attend the interview.

As Khushi stepped in the hall, she saw that there was no food ready on the table today as well. She quickly reached the kitchen and started preparing the breakfast for the entire family. It took her another hour to finally wind up the work and took her breakfast along with Gupta Family who happily munched her cooked food but could not return a grateful smile. 

The deafening silence on the table was broken by Payal. She told that her friend has recommended her to a post of Embroidery Artist in AR Designs, and she would like to take up the chance. While Khushi was happy with her decision as this would deviate her mind from her loss and constant nagging and discussions of that day happening in the family. A happy escape.

But, like always, Gupta women took it to another level of worry. How would their payaliya work to .. what is the need of this job when she can stay back at home..

At this Khushi interrupted them saying that she would like to help in the family expenses in addition to paying rent and for this she will also be appearing for the interview at AR Designs. Silence filled the table. Then came the loud crashing voice of Bua JI thanking her Nandkishore for giving the conscience to the girl. Amma and Bua Ji were the first to give their approval while Shashi just nodded his head.

Finally, it was decided that both Khushi and Payal would go to AR Designs for the interview. After giving Khushi a lot of instructions to take care of Payal, both the girls set off to their destination.

In the Autorickshaw-

Khushi- Jiji, are you okay?

Payal- Yes Khushi, 

Khushi- Do..Do you also blame for what happened?

Payal- Just stares Khushi and pass a sad smile- Whatever happened was written in my fate and you just became a pawn and to answer your question, no, I do not blame you. Rather, I have come to terms with it. I am happy that I did not marry the man who wanted money more than the bride.

Khushi- Jiji. Thank you so much. Your words have lifted the burden. But, I don't know why amma and bua ji are behaving in such way.

Payal- They are just stressed out. Once everything comes back to normal, they would themselves apologize to you.

Khushi- No Jiji, I don't want any apology. I understand what they are going through. But, you please do not lose hope. Just wait, Your prince charming will come and sweep you away with him.

Payal- Chuckles loudly and says - Khushi, your'e crazy.

The girls reach AR Designs and Payal is blown away with the magnificent building while Khushi just admires the Building with a little smile playing on her lips.

Hey dear readers!!

This was Part 3 of the story. I hope you are liking it. 

Please Vote, Comment and Follow!!