2. Vulnerable Khushi

In Laxmi Nagar,

Glares were being thrown at the young girl for she had caused her sister's wedding to stop at the altar. She was being subject to disdainful gazes of not only the relatives and neighbors but also the family who took her in was crying their eyes out listening silently the various curses people threw at her.

Khushi was bewildered as to what had gone wrong. However, no body was ready to answer her silent questions. Finally, she gathered courage and asked Shashi Gupta.

Khushi- Babu Ji, what has happened? why the groom and their family denied us at the last minute? She asked this with tears in her eyes.

Before Shashi could answer, Madhumati Gupta jumped in and in her harsh voice scolded her-

Madhumati- It is all because of you. Because of you, our Payal's marriage broke. Oh! my poor niece! who would marry her now.

Khushi- But, what is my fault in it? I met the groom and his family just yesterday at Shagun and later was busy in arrangements.

Shashi- No bitiya. It has got nothing to do with you. No Jiji, Khushi has no fault in this. We misjudged the family.

Khushi- But babuji, what happened? please tell clearly, Khushi pleads.

Madhumati- Let me tell you. The groom and his family kept conditions- they said either to give them a dowry of Rs. 25 lacs before vidai or let you marry off with the groom Abhishek instead of Payal..

Khushi was shocked at the revelations and she was again surrounded by the various voices of people, some pointing out at her, some judging her.

'This is the fruit of goodness. They took pity on this orphan and what she did , consumed the happiness of the family'

'She proved to be a bane for them.'

'Unlucky Payal, how she lost due to beauty of Khushi!'

'What beauty, she is a seductress.'

Khushi's head spinned. Shashi Gupta, who was earlier a silent spectator, took the chance to jump in said-

'All what has happened has happened. Our Payal had to face it since it was written in her fate. I don't know who is responsible for this, but I cannot abandon my daughter. Thank you all for being there for us in our time of need. This is a grave time for our family, and I request you all to please leave and let us grieve.'

The guests left. Madhumati and Garima took Payal inside ignoring the sobbing Khushi. Shashi after sending the people off returned back to the yard and saw Khushi standing alone in her misery. He stopped and saw her drooped figure but later continued walking inside.

Khushi, who was new to this cruel world was shakened up. She had no one to console her in the time where she was deduced to be criminal without her fault. Slowly, she composed herself and went inside but what she witnessed broke her further. The place which was shining with lights was now not less than the mourning hall. Her Babuji was sitting on the jhula desolately. There were voices of amma and bua ji crying and consoling Payal all at the same time. 

She went inside her room and locked herself in and slid down crying out loud. 

The night passed with mournful cries of Gupta family.

Hello my readers,

please give your suggestions and tell how is the storyline.