Chapter 75

✧✧

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Chiba Academy, West District of Nagazora, 3rd PoV]

Standing amidst the rain, two girls came face-to-face, one had long white hair while the other had darkish purple.

Kiana's eyes widened as she noticed the drastic change Mei had gone through in the mere moments they were away from each other just now. On the other hand, Mei's eyes no longer gave out the caring and kind persona she had from the past. They were... cold and dark.

Kiana: "Mei..."

She did a grabbing motion toward her yet to no avail, she felt like she could never reach her. Mei stared at her silently before glancing at the shade of the nearby wall.

Mei: "You're here."

Walking out of the shadow was a figure clad in black, the mask he had on his face along with the umbrella gave away his identity.

Kiana: "Eh...?"

Once again, her eyes widened.

Mei: "What are those crumbling sounds from afar?"

She asked him what she had been hearing for some time now.

Gray Serpent: "Sire is currently busy handling some... minor problems. You should not need to concern yourself with him."

Mei: "...is that so?"

Kiana: "Wait... What's...?"

Gray Serpent: "But Sire did give you some of his words."

Mei: "On with it."

For a moment, the sound of rain sounded faint as his next words reached her ear.

Gray Serpent: "'You seem to have some unfinished business. Tell her what you want, but don't prolong it unnecessarily'."

Mei: "...I got it."

She nodded slowly, not even looking at him anymore.

Gray Serpent: "Good. With that... I welcome you to the World Serpent."

Along with that final sentence, the figure disappeared into the shadows.

Kiana: "Eh?! What did he just say?! World Serpent?!"

But on the other hand, Kiana was surprised by what she had just heard. Unfortunately, her shouts were met with a mere silence from the girl before her.

Kiana: "Hey! Mei! Answer me! Please! If it's a joke, then just spill it out! Please..."

Her expression distorted as she tried to control her emotion.

Mei: "..."

Closing her eyes for a moment, she let the feeling of raindrops touching her body overwhelm her senses. Then, she opened them again before looking straight at the girl who had an expression as if she could collapse at any moment.

Mei: "It won't be more than five minutes."

She muttered to no one in particular. Or so she told herself.

[East District of Nagazora]

*BOOM!*

As the fragments of what was said to be one of the major buildings shattered in every direction, the silhouette of a certain figure could be seen floating behind the dust.