Chapter 9

Infirmary Room, Ray’s POV

I am now laying down on the infirmary bed once again, next to Mei’s bed. The others are worried why I suddenly collapsed, I just reply with a “I’m just tired after the match.” They underrstand, but Kiana insist on staying here. So, here I am, with a sleeping Kiana on the side of my bed.

Ray : *Sigh* “She was the one who insisted on staying... But, why is she the one sleeping as well ?”

Mei opens her curtain, and smile at the view of Kiana sleeping.

Mei : “Let her be, she was just worried because... Two of her friends are injured, how can anyone not be worried at that ?”

Ray : “Yeah, good point... Wait, friends ?”

Mei : “You are her friend too no ? We survived together from the Nagazora eruption by staying together, are we still not friends ?”

Ray : “You’re right... Friends huh... It’s nice...”

Mei smiled at me, I too respond with a smile. But, she quickly looked away from me. Eh ? Why did she do that ? Was there something on my face ?

Ray : “Mei, what’s wrong ? Is there something on my face that make you look away ?”

Mei “ N-no, I was just surprised. It’s nothing bad.”

Ray : “Okay... If you say so.”

Mei’s POV

Wh-wh-wh-what was that ?! Why is it when I look at his smile... Ah, his smile... Wait no ! Why am I blushing ?! Aahh, this is so confusing !
Just then, a cough was heared. Both of us the looked at the source, it was Theresa. She looked at Ray, asking if he’s alright now, Ray answered with a “yes”. Then she looked at me, with a... Smile ? Wait, she misunderstand ! I I have to fix the misundertanding !

Mei : “Theresa, it’s not what you think it is !”

Theresa : “What do you mean ? I didn’t even ask you anything. Is there something happening right now ?” *puts on a teasing smile*

Mei : “Wha-“

I blushed and she gigles, while Ray is looking confused.

Theresa : “Ah, youth.”

Ray : “What do you mean, Theresa ?”

Theresa : “Nothing... Well, I’ll take my leave then. Don’t want to disturb you guys, see you later.”

Mei : “T-theresa ! It’s not what you think ! Theresa !”

Ray just sighed and he looked towards Kiana... Wait, is Kiana awake ? Is that sweat on her face ?
Ray : “You’re awake aren’t you, Kiana ?”

Kiana : “... Zzz... I’m... Not... Zzz...”

Ray : “I see... Is that what you think I would say !”

Ray chopped Kiana’s head, Kiana let out a “Ugh” sound. She then hold her head while tearing a bit, so sad.

Kiana : “Hey ?! Why did you do that ?!”

Ray : “It’s a punishment for lying.”

Kiana : “How could you hit a pretty girl ?!”

Ray : “Huh ? Pretty ? Well sure you’re cute, but that doesn’t mean your’re pretty.”

Kiana : “Eh ?”

Kiana blushed at the unexpected counter from Ray, while I feel something strange. What is this ? Why do I feel envy towards Kiana ? Wait, am I... Jealous ? No ! I’m sure it’s just because Ray complimented Kiana, that’s why I feel lost as a girl. It’s not love ! I’m sure of it !

Mei : “Ray, what about me ?” Wha-?! Why did a ask him that ?!

Ray : “Hmm ? Well... Let’s see... I think the word pretty can fit you.”

Kiana’s POV

Mei blushed at Ray’s response, but Ray is just looking confused. Wait, Is Mei...? I see... So that’s how it is... I thought before I feel pain in my chest, Eh ? What... This pain... Perhaps I am also...? My thought stopped when the door slides open, revealing Durandal wearing her usual Valkyrie Gloria battlesuit.

Durandal : “It seems you’re awake, Ray.”

Ray : “Yeah, is there something you need Durandal ?”

Durandal : “Call me Bianca.”

Ray : “Huh ?”

Durandal : “You were able to stand againts me, so you can just call me Bianca.”

Ray : “Okay... Bianca, is there something you need ?”

Durandal smiled a little, but quickly become expressionless again.

Durandal : “I came here to see if you’re able to walk, the Overseer is calling for you.”

Ray : “Okay, I’m good now. Let’s go.”

Ray then stand from the bed and follows Durandal outside. Leaving both me and Mei alone, so i decided to ask her.

Otto’s Office, Ray’s POV

I opened the door, revealing the same room I visited this morning. And a man with blonde hair is sitting behind a desk, The Overseer, Otto Apocalypse.

Durandal : “I have brought him, Overseer.”

Otto : “Thank you, Durandal.”

He then moves his gaze towards me, with the usual smile he put on his face.

Ray : “What is it, Overseer ?”

Otto : “Pleae, just call me Otto. You deserve that much.”

Ray : “I see, then... Otto, why do you need me ?”

Otto : “I‘m sorry, to disturb your rest. But, I need to ask you a question.”

Ray : “It’s okay, ask away.”

Otto : “What was that power you use in the match ?”

Ray : Shoot, gotta think a reason fast ! I can't tell him my resonance power yet “I was actually surprised as well, those lightnings suddelny appeared. But, after knowing that it doesn’t hurt me. I tried to use it to my advantage, and it seems like it worked a little bit.” Is that a good reason ?

Otto : “I see, thank you for the answer. And I will await your answer for the question feom this morning tomorrow.”

Ray : Nice, it worked “Your welcome, Otto. I will take my leave now.”

I leved Otto’s office and head to my and Lei’s room, to rest and ask if Lei already have her answer for Otto’s question about being a valkyrie.

(Timeskip)

Otto’s Office, 3rd POV

Ray and Lei is in front of Otto, Durandal and Rita is beside the door, Theresa and Fu Hua is there as well.

Otto : “It seems the time has come.”

Ray : “We have our answers already.”

Otto : “Is that so... Well, I’m listening.”

Lei : “I will be a valkyrie, and Ray will be a knight.”

Otto smiled at their answer, he already expected them to answer like this.

Otto : “Very well, both of you will be enrolled in my granddaughter’s school, St. Freya.”

Ray : “Your granddaughter ? Theresa ?”

Thereya : “Yes, I’m the principal of that school. So, when were in the school, you have to call me principal.”

Ray : “I see, when will we go ?”

Otto : “If you don’t mind, now is the right time.”

Lei : “We don’t mind, let’s go Ray.”

Ray : “Okay”

Ray and Lei followed Theresa out of the room, while Fu Hua is still inside.

Otto : “I need you to observe them, can you do that Fu Hua ?”

Fu Hua : “Very well, Overseer.”

Fu Hua then walked out of the room, Durandal followed her.

Schiksal’s Outer Area, Ray’s POV

Were now waiting for Hyperion to take us to the school called St. Freya, Kiana, Mei, and Bronya is here with us. They will be a valkyrie as well, I didn’t ask them what was the reason they wanted to be a valkyrie, because I don’t think now is the right time to ask. Durandal is also here, but I don’t know why though, maybe she want to give us farewell ?

Lei : “So, we five will be in the same school ?”

Kiana : “Yeah ! I will be the strongest valkyrie !”

Bronya : “The Bronya is worried about what will Subject Kiana do.”

Kiana : “Hey ! I haven’t even done anything yet !”

We laughed at their interaction.

Ray : “So, it seems like we won’t be separated huh ?”

Mei : “Yes, it seems so.”

Mei gives me a smile, I too respond with a smile. Not long after, the Hyperion landed. And Major Himeko is standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest, she put a smile on her face.

Himeko : “Come on, get inside.”

All of us except Durandal got inside Hyperion, I waved at her and she waved back. The Hyperion started floating, and slowly but surely moved. Next stop, St. Ferya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author : And... After this will be the last chapter before timeskip

Narrator : I see... So you want to make it exactly 10 chapters before timeskip ?

Author : Yeah... I don’t know if that’s good though, I can only hope for the best...

Narrator : And so !

Author & Narrator : We will see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !