Chapter 44

[School Park, Ray's POV]

Ray : "Fu... Hua...?"

Fu Hua : "It's been a long time... Ray."

I unconsciously called her, and she responded with a smile.

Even though the sudden memories that appeared in my mind had finished its appearance. I still need a while to adjust it with my current memories, which was quite confusing at first but I managed to do it.

As my breathing had calmed down because I was more composed now, I could also feel that my heart was calming itself as well. And not long after that, I calmed myself completely and looked forward to Fu Hua (Or Hua-sensei?).

Fu Hua : "Have you calmed down yet?"

Ray : "Yes... I'm calm now, Fu Hua... Or Hua-sensei? Uh, what should I call you?"

Fu Hua chuckled hearing my question, though I must admit it did sound like a stupid question.

Fu Hua : "Well, why don't you call me Fu Hua? Like from the... Past."

Her expression saddened the moment she said the word 'past'.

Ray : "Uh, are you okay?"

Fu Hua : "Oh, I'm fine. Just remembered something."

She responded with a smile, though there was still a doubt in my heart.

(Did something happen in the past in this universe? Even though my memories are back, it still feels quite weird having two memories at the same time... And it all leads into one question, which Ray am I right now and where exactly am I?)

Fu Hua : "Ah, that face... You're thinking about something, and let me guess, it's questions about this place correct?"

Ray : "Well, yes. But that's only one of them. Though, I would appreciate it if you could explain where exactly I am?"

Fu Hua : "Fufufu, why don't you take a guess?"

Ray : "Hmm... A different bubble universe?"

Fu Hua : "Correct, but that's too general don't you think?"

Ray : "Really? Then, let's see here..."

I started to analyze my other memories, the memories from this bubble universe's Ray's. As I watched a lot of events happening, there were a few interesting things that caught my attention.

Ray : "Based on this Ray's memories, there is no more honkai right?"

Fu Hua nodded.

Ray : "If so, then that creates two possibilities. The first one being that the honkai never existed in the first place, which is quite impossible if I think about it. Or maybe the honkai's shape is different from what I knew, but I'm not really sure about that."

Fu Hua's expression didn't change, and it seemed that she knew I was looking at her to see if there was any reaction from what I just said.

Ray : "The second one being that the honkai in fact, has been defeated and never appeared again."

This time, she only smiled at me.

Ray : "I see, so this bubble universe also has honkai but it was defeated? Does that mean it's some kind of future universe?"

Fu Hua : "Well, the correct one is that this bubble universe's time is faster than yours but your statement is also quite true. And there is actually more to it, though I'm sure it's not my place to explain it. After all, she is watching us right now. And she will be the one to explain it to you more clearly, okay?"