Chapter 40

Lei's Old House's Basement, 3rd POV

Himeko arrived at the bottom of the stairs only to find things wrapped in a white blanket. The room was quite dusty. A cough was heard as Himeko accidentally breathed some dust.

Himeko : *Cough* *Cough* Uh, so much dust... Fortunately, I was using my battlesuit and if I'm not wrong Dr. Einstein said there was a mask feature... Hmm, what do I have to do again ? Oh !

Himeko's battlesuit glowed for a moment before a mask slowly appeared from behind her head, it completely covered her head. From behind the mask, small digital screens were showing her body conditions, her vitals, and many more. Just like Metal Dude but sadly, no AI.

Himeko : Wow... This battlesuit... Is much more advanced than the one I used before. Thank you, Dr. Einstein and Dr. Tesla.

Meanwhile, a blue mop-head girl and a short-tempered red-haired girl suddenly sneezed.

Himeko : Now that I'm here, what should I search for ?

A book suddenly fell, Himeko looked around and quickly found the book on the floor in front of a bookshelf.

Himeko : "Hmm... This bookshelf is kinda su-Ow !"

A pipe fell onto her head, Himeko let out a sigh as she looked at the bookshelf once more.

Himeko : Hm... Maybe some kind of secret door behind it ? Does this suit have an X-Ray in it ?

A screen then appeared right before her eyes, it showed a line connected to one of the books and continued going down until it was below the floor. It was an X-Ray.

Himeko : Seriously ? This suit read my mind ? How did they do it ? Oh no, what if the suit's worth is more than my salary ? I can't buy any more alcohol damnit !

(Author Note : Don't drink alcohol if you're not old enough. Actually, it'll be much better if you don't drink alcohol in the first place as that liquid will and can harm your body.)

I agree with the statement above.

Anyway, Himeko grabbed the book and it swung down. The bookshelf moved to the side slowly revealing a door, it was locked but thankfully for one of Himeko's battlesuit features, the "Key Opener'' it opened it.

Night vision was active as she got down the stairs, after finally arriving at the bottom. She noticed a cloth was covering something big, so just like every normal person would do, she grabbed it and pulled it. Himeko widened her eyes at what she was seeing, not the tube but the girl inside it.

Himeko : "Lei ?!"

The girl looked exactly like Lei, if not for her eyes that were black rather than white. Her eyes were looking directly into Himeko's eyes, that was until one of the screen monitors suddenly turned on surprising Himeko.

Himeko : "Holy-?!"

The screen was showing static, until it changed into a blank screen with a plain green background. Strange letters appeared for a while before turning into separate alphabet letters, until it eventually formed a word.

Screen : Hello, Himeko.

Himeko : "Is that you, Lei ?"

Screen : No, but I do know where she is right now.

Himeko : "Then are you the one who led me here ?"

Screen : Yes. Now, would you kindly get me out of this tube ? So I can show you where Lei is ?

Himeko : "Well... " Can I trust her ? Does she actually know where Lei is ? *Sigh* Let me try asking Theresa...

A screen showing contact list appeared, it then found Theresa's name and started a call. But the call soon hung up as a sign "No Signal" appeared on the screen and ended the call. Himeko was confused by this but quickly understood that something was preventing signals to enter and go in this room. So, she tried to search for what the thing was.