Chapter 22

Jisung was eating his cereal calmly in the kitchen, deeply concentrating on the Youtube Video he was watching, so much he didn't even feel Chan's presence beside him.

He didn't hear the first time the older called him, and got spooked as Chan softly tapped his shoulder to catch his attention.

"Damn, you scared me" Jisung said as he brought his hand to his beating heart, trying to calm himself.

"Sorry" Chan responded with a chuckle "When you finish your breakfast, can you join me in the office? We have some things to discuss" Chan offered, and Jisung nodded, turning back to his video.

A few minutes later, Jisung had woken up enough and walked to Chan's office, closing the door behind him as he approached him.

"Have you found something?" Jisung asked as he walked to the other side of the desk, bringing a chair with him and sitting beside Chan.

"I proofread the searches you have been doing, and I may have find a few interesting things" Chan stated, clicking on his computer as he opened multiple folders "Jeongho is so hidden from any database I have, it's exhausting" Chan added with a sigh

"Tell me about it" Jisung responded with a sigh as well "I haven't been searching for 5 years just for the fun of it" He added, rolling his eyes.

"But I did find a few connections he has. Most of them are dead, and from what I've seen, you killed them" He said, passing through pictures of each people that fell in Jisung's hands "But I may have found someone that have been seen a LOT with Jeongho thanks to Mr. Kim's data" He explained, clicking on a particular picture, making Jisung gasp.

"Ray" Jisung mumbled, his tone suddenly laced with poison.

"Yep. Woo Ray, 50 years old, known as a close colleague of Jeongho" Chan said, watching Jisung with the corner of his eyes and noticing his somber look "You know him?"

"I do" Jisung responded coldly "I've seen him a few times, he's the second in my list"

"I can find him" Chan said, as he reassuringly put a hand on Jisung's shoulder and patted there "We'll get him"

A few minutes later, Jisung left Chan's office, and even if they had organized a scheme to catch Ray, he couldn't help but feel deeply uneasy.

He froze a bit, letting his head wander to the pits of his memories, reminiscing the man's actions, bringing a deep sick feeling to his stomach.

He bit his lip hard, trying to prevent himself from exploding in anger, as he decided to have a little unexpected training session.

He entered the training room, sighing in contentment as no one was there. He threw his hoodie out of his upper body and threw it somewhere in the room, before walking to the punching bag at the other side. He searched for some box gloves that he couldn't find, before saying fuck it and stomping to the punching bag once again.

He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts, but the only thing he could think of made him want to break some jaws. He opened his eyes, full of a rage, as he clenched his fist and threw a first punch to the bag, making it swing from the harshness of his hit.

Punch after punch, he started freeing his inner hatred on the punching bag, every punch getting harder than the one before.

He had been keeping his calm for some time since he arrived there. The fact that he started living with people had soothed him a lot, but now, he felt the need to destroy things, and somehow, nothing was more liberating than violence.