Chapter 29

LUBANZI

Chapter 29

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Babe! Banzi!" He came rushing from upstairs.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He sounded concerned.

"Can you pass me the remote?"

"What? I thought you were calling me for something serious. The remote is just in front of you, Feziwe. Why can't you just stand up and pick it up?"

"You put this baby in me!" I yelled. He picked the remote from the table and gave it to me.

"Thank you,boo." I smiled at him even though he looked annoyed. Too bad. I mean it's not easy being seven months pregnant.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"I'm craving some hot wings and ice cream also a foot massage. You're such a great fiance." I gave him my puppy eyes and he sat down and took my legs to his legs.

When I was four months pregnant,he paid some damages and also lobola. My brother was in charge of all the negotiations.

We are living together now and I mostly work from home. My boss understand because when I'm at work,I cry a lot and I'm always hungry. He couldn't give me a leave this early so he suggested that I work from home and someone will represent all my cases in court.

Last month, Banzi's mother wanted to do a baby shower for both Nthabi and I but I refused even though Nthabi didn't mind. It ended up being a baby shower for her only which I didn't attend. Banzi did though because I didn't want him to feel bad so that day,I went home to spend some time with my brother and mother.

My mother is kind of getting better though but that's just how her illness is like, sometimes it's like she's recovering but at times it's like she's getting worse. We are all just hoping for the best.

After massaging me,Banzi went out to buy the hot wings for me which was weird because he orders oftenly.

He came back with the wings though.

"That's why I love you." I told him as I was chewing.

"So that's the only reason why you love me?"

"Yes,boo."

"Finish eating and take a bath. We are going out."

"Really? Well I love you for many reasons."

After eating,I took a bath and he made me wear a white maternity dress. It was pretty. I also wore some white fluffy sandals.

"Where are we going?" I'm so excited.

"It's a suprise." We went to his car and he started driving.

He drove to this other place where there are beautiful houses. It's not a township for rich people because there were some houses that were just normal in architecture. I believe it's a nice place to live because it's next to a mall, schools, hospital and it's not far from my workplace. If Banzi ever go house hunting, I'll ask him to come to this place first.

He parked in front of this peach coloured house. It was a double storey and it wasn't that huge but it was pretty. The problem is that the lights were out.

"Who stays here? And why is it so dark? It doesn't look like a loadshedding because all the other houses have lights."

"Babe, let's go in."

"Not before you tell me who stays here."

"You'll see. Come." He helped me get out of the car. A guard opened the gate for us and he gave them his car keys. Probably to bring the car in.

"Banzi, I'm getting scared now. Let's go back home."

"Fez,relax okay. I would never get you in danger intentionally."

"But here you are." He laughed. He find this funny? The way I'm so attached to my baby if something ever happens to him/her, I'm killing somebody. I still don't know the gender yet because Banzi suggested we wait till birth.

Speaking of Lubanzi,he opened the door.

"How can you just open the—"

"Suprise!" The lights switched back on and I was welcomed by everybody.

It was Amber in the front with Kaya,Hlelo, Liyema,Mrs and Mr Dalindyebo.,Senzo,my brother and Linda the receptionist.

"Guys…" I was already in tears. My sisters came to hug me and Hlelo helped me wear the ‘mommy to be’ sash.

"This is beautiful. Thank you." I said as I took in the decorations.

The house was decorated in white, black and yellow balloons.

They helped me sit on my chair as everyone gave me gifts and food.

"I hope I'm not late." Sis Lindiwe but I call her Lindi walked in holding her daughter, Iyana's hand.

"Aunt!" My niece ran to me and I hugged her. She's so adorable.

"How are you Yaya?"

"I'm good aunt. Why do you have such a big belly? You'll end up being  ma'am Zwide's size. She's so fat and ugly." I laughed.

"Iyana…" Her mother scolded her.

"Fez, look at you. Pregnancy looks good on you."

"Sis Lindi, that's feel like an insult. My nose is huge." Honestly I envy Nthabi. She had this pregnancy good. She's still looking beautiful even in her huge bump while I look like a hippo but Banzi assured me that he'll still love me even if I look like a hippo. Which I am.

"Who's this cute little girl?" Mrs Dalindyebo asked looking at Iyana with a smile. She's going to be a best grandma in the world. She loves kids. I wish my mom was also here.

"I'm Iyana imvula nentsikelelo zayo." My talkative niece praised herself and Mrs Dalindyebo ululated.(A rain of blessings)

"I'm going to trade this kid." Her mother said.

"You can give her to me. She's so adorable. You should visit me oftenly. I'll give you lots of sweets." Mrs Dalindyebo told Iyana.

"Yes!" Iyana screamed out of joy.

"No, it's okay. She eats a lot of sweets. I've already took her to the dentist once." Sis Lindi said.

"You're just jealous they didn't invite you, mommy."

"Iyana?" Amber called out to her and she stood up and went to hug her.

"Sis Lindi, I'm so happy to see you." They embraced each other.

"Sis,since some of the presents are gender based. We are going to do gender reveal." Amber said.

"But how would you know which gender is my baby?"

"I have my ways. Stand up." She was smirking. Bítch. I can't believe she conducted my baby's gender behind my back.

"Everyone gather around. It's time for gender reveal!" She called out everyone. I'm so scared and excited at the same time.

She gave me a black balloon and told me that there's paint inside. If the paint is blue it means it's a boy,if the paint is pink then it means I'm having a baby girl.

I took the needle from her and pricked the balloon. It exploded and the pink paint covered me and everyone who was next to me. I'm having a girl?