Chapter 25

LUBANZI

Chapter 25

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Mtase…you've been cooped up here. It's been two days now." Amber says.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry Afe. I need you to eat something and forgive your man. You can't let Nthabiseng win. She may be my friend but you're my sister."

"It hurts,Ambe. It's hurt so much. I feel like taking out my heart from my body and placing it away so that I can move on." I wiped away my tears. It really hurt so much. It's like I'm suffocating when I think of this.

"Am I being unreasonable, Ambe?" She shook her head.

"You're not but you need to understand that Nthabiseng fell pregnant before you came into the picture. Lubanzi didn't know until last weekend and he wanted to be sure that she's pregnant. She's really pregnant but I'm not sure if the baby is Lubanzi's."

"What if it's his baby? They'll have to spend time together."

"Afe, don't be that kind of girl who cries over her boyfriend's baby mama. They are going to take your man while you're cooped up in this room. This Friday you have a court case and you need to pick up yourself and go to court and be the Afeziwe I know. You have to win."

"You're right. I have to win." I stood up and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

This is not the Afeziwe I know. Let me just take a bath. I took off my clothes and prepared a bath then got inside the tub.

After bathing I went to my room to lotion myself. I picked up some dress. After lotioning I tried wearing the dress but it was small on me. But last time I wore this dress it fitted. Have I gained weight?

I decided to wear a track pants with a crop top instead. I went to the kitchen to have breakfast with my siblings.

"Where's Kaya?" I asked Ambesiwe who was busy eating her breakfast.

"She already left for school." I sat down and my twin sister served me some food. I ate and then went to watch TV.

"It's good to see you out of your room."

"Yeah I gue—" I started feeling nauseous and I ran to the bathroom to throw up all the breakfast I ate.

"Afe are you okay?" Amber walked in holding a glass of water.

"I suddenly felt nauseous."

"Maybe it's the spice I used. I tried out new spices today. Here's water." I took the glass from her and rinsed my mouth with the water.

"Please help me stand up." She offered her hand and I leaned on it as I stood up.

"I'm feeling so dizzy. I just want to lay down." She helped me get on the bed.

"You see? This is what happens when you cry and starve for three days."

"Can you just excuse me? Don't you have anything to do?"

"I actually did. I was going to meet up with the owner of Exclusive Club but I guess I have to postpone. I can't leave you like this."

"Ambesiwe,my love. Thank you for everything. I appreciate you but please go meet up with the owner. This is your hustle."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I nodded.

"If you feel worse then you should call me. I'll pass by the pharmacy and bring you some meds."

"Leave already." She kissed my forehead before she left. I immediately slept.

"Sis?"

"Hmm."

"Wake up. Are you okay?" When I opened my eyes I came face to face with Kaya. It's like I haven't seen her in weeks.

"Hey,Kaya."

"Are you okay? You don't normally sleep at this time."

"I'm just tired. How was school?"

"School was okay as always."

"Where's Senzo?"

"He's there. He asked me to be his matric dance date?" I sat upright.

"Really? He likes you. And what did you say?"

"I told him that I'll think about it."

"What's there to think about Kaya?"

"He literally ambushed me,Afe. He suddenly knelt down at the hall holding flowers and chocolate then asked me to be his date. People were watching not that I care but it kind of felt embarrassing. So I just took the flowers and chocolate and ran away then texted him that I will think about it. This guy text me or call me everyday yet he couldn't give me a clue? I hate surprises."

"You're just so cute,Kaya. I'll buy your dress. Tell him that you're going."

"I need to give him a hard time first so that he never ambushes me like this next time." The door opened and Amber walked in holding a brown paperbag.

"Sis. I need to tell you something." She sat on the bed next to Kaya.

"What is that?"

"So I went to the pharmacy and told them of your symptoms and guess what?"

"What?"

"They match pregnancy symptoms."

"What?" I laughed but she wasn't.

"Are you serious?" She nodded.

"I brought pregnancy kit. You have to test."

"I can't be pregnant Ambe. At least not like this. I'm still angry with Lubanzi and now there's a possibility of me being pregnant with his child? It can't be."

"Take this and read the instructions." She gave me a pregnancy kit.

"I'm nervous."

"I'm here,sis." Amber assured. The introductions said that I need to pee on it. I went to the bathroom and did exactly that.

"Now we have to wait. But if you're pregnant you need to tell Lubanzi. He has every right to know."

"He's the least of my worries right now." Then I remembered that dress not fitting me. I went to stand in front of the mirror and looked at my tummy. It's no longer flat. Why didn't I realise this? This is my body.

Coming to think of it, it's been long since I've been on my period. It can't be.

"It's time. Shall I fetch it or you will?" My sis asked.

"Please fetch it. I'm scared,Ambe." She went to the bathroom and came with the pregnancy test.

"It's positive." My heart stopped beating for a second.