Chapter 27

LUBANZI

Chapter 27

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

He drove us to this house inside the forest. The house was pretty,yeah but it was isolated and hidden.

"Who lives here?"

"Nobody. It's my grandfather's house. He died but we still kept his house. I only come here when I want to be alone."

"Have you ever brought Nthabiseng here?"

"Babe, don't do that to yourself. Don't compare yourself with Nthabiseng. You're in my heart,Fez. Nobody can compete with you."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You did nothing wrong. Let's go." We both got out of the car and he held my hand. The house was clean compared to how I imagined it. I thought there would be cobwebs and dust.

"Who cleans this house?"

"Someone comes every two weeks to clean it." He lit the fireplace and we both sat on the couch next to the fireplace.

"Why did you think I would cheat on you? I thought we trusted each other, Afeziwe."

"We do. You were looking cosy and she had a baby bump. I know you used to sleep together before I was in the picture but that didn't make it hurt less. You weren't answering my calls,Banzi and I find you with her. How was I supposed to react?"

"In a civil manner. You should have confronted me instead of coming to your own conclusion."

"You should have told me about her being pregnant before all the DNA test!" I raised my voice.

"We are not fighting. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just thought I'll resolve the issue before you came back." He said calmly.

"We resolve issues. We are both in a relationship that means we don't just make individual decisions even though we know how it could affect the other person." He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I guess I approached this the wrong way. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you."

"Thank you."

"So is the baby yours?" He looked disappointed.

"Unfortunately yes."

Silence.

"Say something baby…"

"Like what? Should I say how happy I am to be a stepmother? Or how I can't wait for our kids to play togethe—"

"What do you mean?" He looks confused.

"I'm pregnant." I finally revealed the news to him.

"What? Are you sure?" He asked. He seemed to be happy.

"Are you not angry?"

"Why should I be angry? We are going to a family, baby." He held my hands and then kissed them.

"Thank you." He said sincerely.

"Why are you this excited? Nthabi is also going to give you a baby."

"True but she'll be my baby mama. You're my woman." I smiled.

"When did you find out?"

"On Wednesday. I'm eighteen weeks pregnant."

"I need to pay for two damages then lobola. Damn."

"I need a million and I'll be in charge of my lobola negotiations."

"Anything for you." He kissed my forehead. I feel so special.

"Do you want a boy or girl?" I asked him.

"I love boys." He said and I grinned.

"I hope I give birth to a pretty little boy like you."

"I'm not pretty,I am a man. I'm handsome."

"My handsome assholé."

"And now we've made a rascal."

"Lubanzi Dalindyebo, don't call my baby a rascal."

"I've missed you, baby." He suddenly said looking serious.

"I've missed you too."

"Please don't ever be angry at me like that. I can't function without you."

"Don't ever break my heart and trust then."

"I would never." He slammed his lips on mine. I missed him.

I pushed him away when things started heating up.

"I'm not gonna have sex in your grandfather's house."

"Then we need to buy our own house."

"Do you have the money for damages,lobola, wedding and a house plus two babies on the way? I'm not a gold digger so we can stay at the penthouse."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah but I'm changing the locks and everything there. Also tell your baby mama to never show up unexpectedly."

"I will. Thank you for understanding."

"I'm not understanding yet. I just hope she's going to behave otherwise my gun is going to work on someone."

"She better behave then." He smirked. He find this amusing? Assholé.

"I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat here?"

"Let's go check in the kitchen." He helped me stand and held my hand as we headed to the kitchen.

I sat down as he opened the cupboards. He took out some snacks.

"There's also noodles so I'll cook. In the meantime have the snacks." I took the packet of chips and the biscuits as well.

He started cooking and he was busy thinking of babies names. Not this again. I'm only going to name my baby once I meet her/him.

After eating,we went to sleep in one of the guest rooms. We cuddled the whole night.

The next morning it was Saturday and he drove us home. He dropped me first.

"I'm going to tell my parents about you being pregnant."

"Your mom is going to be very happy. She once told me about how she wanted grandchildren from you and Liyema."

"She will."

"Bye."

"I love you my children's mother." I smiled before I walked out of the car.

"Hi sis." I greeted Kaya who was watching TV.

"Hey, mommy to be. Sis, I'm so happy that I'm going to be an aunt. I can't wait for us to wear matching outfits with the baby. Even if it's a boy."

"You'll be my number one babysitter."

"I wouldn't mind but I'll be in matric so I wouldn't always babysit."

"Speaking about matric did you agree to be Senzo's date?"

"Yeah." I screamed.

"Fez!"

"Kaya I'm happy for you. Since this Senzo guy walked into your life you're a lot more lively. It's nice to see you out of your shell. I like him and he better not break your heart."

"We are not dating."

"Yeah yeah."

"But it's the truth. We are just friends."

Maybe my sister doesn't realise how much she likes Senzo. I'm just happy for her. Nowadays she's out of her room most of the time. That's a nice improvement.