Chapter 12

LUBANZI

Chapter 12

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

"We are very sorry,Mr Dalindyebo." That's the same committee who was busy accusing me of sexually harassing Natasha.

She finally told the truth. I wasn't really going to let her ruin my career. Sometimes it's not about money because I grew up in a privileged family and I also have the club,I just happen to love being a lecturer.

"I'm glad the truth came to light." I tell them and stand up. They try to shake my hand but I'm not in the mood. I go straight to the parking lot and start driving home.

I decide to take the long route home so that I can have enough time to think. I come across a familiar car parked on the road. It looks like Afeziwe's car. I park behind it and get out of my car and head to it.

It's indeed Afeziwe. She's inside her car crying. I knock on the window and she glance at me before she wipes her tears. She opens her window.

"Is your car broken again?" I ask her and she chuckles.

"Why do you think my car is broken when I just got it fixed?"

"I don't know, maybe because it's yours. I mean everything is possible with you."

"My car is okay,thank you very much."

"Then why are you crying?" She looks down. I try to open her car's door but it's locked.

"Open your door."

"Why?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Because I said so."

"That's not a valid reason." She's stubborn.

"Just open it, please?" She's suprised that I said please. Yeah, it's the last time I say it. She should be surprised.

She finally unlocks the door and I open it and pulls her out before closing it.

"Now tell me why are you crying?" I stare into her eyes but she avoid my gaze.

"Why do you care?" She mumbles.

"I don't really care but I just can't leave after finding you cry here. I'm not an evil man, Afeziwe."

"My mom is missing and I don't know where to look for her. She's not mentally stable and what if something happens to her?" Her voice breaks down and her lower lip tremble.

I've never done this for anyone but I find myself embracing Afeziwe. She wraps her arm around my torso and all I can think about is how small she is.

I hold her as she cries and even though she's messing my shirt with her mucus and tears I don't seem to mind.

She seems to have calmed down now because she's no longer crying but she doesn't want to let go of me and neither do I. Her hands start travelling inside my shirt and even though they are cold as fuck,they are doing things to my body.

"Afeziwe?" I call out.

"Hmm?"

"Your hands are inside my shirt."

"I didn't seem to notice." She mumbles yet she doesn't remove them. Her phone rings inside her car.

"Could you pick it up for me?" She ask and I try to push her off me but she tightens the hug. More like she's molding herself into me.

I reach for her phone inside the car and answer it then put it on her ear.

"Hmmm…" The person on the other line says something.

"Really? I'm so relieved." Her mood automatically increase and she sounds happy.

"Okay see you soon." She let go of me and takes the phone from my hands.

"Thank you." She's sincere and I nod at her.

"Uhm…I'll see you." She gets inside her car and waves before she drives away.

I go back to my car and head home.

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"And you guys hugged?" My twin ask. We are sitting in my bed having a pillow talk because she's too emotional to sleep alone after what happened today. So I'm telling her about me meeting Lubanzi.

"Yeah we did and he's a good hugger. I didn't want to let go." We both giggle.

"I know you. You probably glued yourself to the poor guy. You used to do the same with me saying that I'm a good hugger."

"But you are a good hugger, Amber. It's just that it's different with him. His cologne smells nice and he feels so warm." I say dreamy.

"You guys should just date because it's obvious you like each other."

"Well if he's not gonna make the first move then I won't either."

"Fez, you're so annoying. In this era, anyone makes the first move. I asked Liyema out on a date tommorow night." She blushes.

"Finally!" I say out loud.

"And so should you. Or you can go and thank him again for today."

"But that will make me desperate." I say to my twin who's out of her mind.

"Good night ke." She turns the other way and sleep.

"Just like that Amber? So you're team Lubanzi. Fine." I also turn the other way and sleep.

Well I've thought about what Amber said so here I am on my lunch break at the university where Lubanzi tutors.

I asked around for his office and they have directed me. I knock at the door but nobody opens or invite me in so I turn the lock and luckily it's not locked. I open the door and walk in.

There's no one here but I can smell his cologne and his blazer is draped over his chair. I place the lunch on the table and head to sit down to his chair and twirls on it.

The door opens and the handsome devil walks in.

"What the hell?" He's shocked to see me.

"Tadaa!"