Chapter 35

The large balcony that extends outwards on the first floor of the villa has floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides and the upper ceiling is also made of glass.

On a sunny day, the sun shines without blind spots, and the whole balcony looks like a large veranda.

After asking for Xu Jinchao's consent, Aunt Li used a foam box to sow vegetables such as small tomatoes and strawberry seedlings on the balcony.

Now that the night is dark outside, only the warm light shines inside, and this balcony has become a beacon in the night sea.

Green plants and vegetables of different heights surround the balcony, and the interior is warm like spring. Song Jiao's Chlorophytum hangs in the southeast corner, and the two look at each other through the flowerpot.

Because Xu Jinchao naively pushed the Chlorophytum pot with her fingers just now, those long, narrow green Chlorophytum leaves swayed between her and Song Jiao at this moment.

She saw the night light reflected in Song Jiao's eyes, the shadow of the leaves swaying slightly, and her little self.

The thin iron chain of the flowerpot lock made a very small creak. Aunt Li was preparing dinner in the kitchen. The sound of the range hood and crockery faintly colliding was heard, creating a symphony full of life.

Xu Jinchao knew that Song Jiao wouldn't do trivial things, she almost never had a tantrum, and all of her words and deeds had a behind-the-scenes reflection.

The same goes for this invitation, which must be the result of Song Jiao's careful deliberation.

It is indeed an invitation, and even more precious. After all, who would ask irrelevant people to easily participate in their mother's cult?

Xu Jinchao was a bit emotional, as Song Jiao rarely mentioned his family. The last time she spoke to each other, she still wanted to see Song Yikang in prison.

At that time, the relationship between them was not so peaceful, and Song Jiao did not have the freedom to travel.

Although Xu Jinchao didn't want to restrict, Omega accepted that the rules left by [Xu Jinchao] still worked. She wanted to visit her father, but she still had to ask the other party.

It was then that Xu Jinchao suddenly realized that there were still so many estrangements between her and Song Jiao, and that they were nowhere near as close as she thought.

This further aroused Xu Jinchao's thoughts of his loved ones and many doubts about his own existence.

And many things later in daily life, subtle and silent changes for the better.

Song Jiao can now drive a car, Xu Jinchao will never interfere, and there is unspoken trust between them.

Song Jiao wanted to visit her mother's grave, but she didn't need to tell Xu Jinchao about it, but she took the initiative to talk about it and invited her to come with her.

This may be some kind of hint, Xu Jinchao thought, hinting that he could dig deeper into his life, including his past and his family.

If the place they're going isn't a cemetery and what they want to see isn't Song Jiao's mother's tombstone, it's even an act of introducing friends and family.

Xu Jinchao felt Song Jiao's implicit friendship, and she was sure it was not her over-analysis, but something Song Jiao conveyed and hoped she could understand.

Xu Jinchao said, "No problem, I'll go with you."

She thought hesitantly in her heart, whether to say something to Song Jiao, whether to thank her for her invitation, or whether to comfort her so that she wouldn't be too sad.