Chapter 52 - A lesson for Lucas.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

The loud footsteps broke the usually peaceful atmosphere of the Lombard Trading Company.

Quick but muffled footsteps of the assistant manager Donald's footsteps followed after.

"Hold on, sir. Please, stop. You can't just barge in without an appointment."

Donald was out of breath.

"E,even if you're a noble, we c-could take legal action against you for trespassing."

The words that Donald took all his courage to say were utterly ignored.

The tall and muscular nobleman who was exuding a murderous aura stopped briefly in front of the Chief Operation Manager's office.

He forcefully opened the door, breaking the doorknob with his uncontrollable strength.

"What the hell?!"

A woman's voice cursed from inside the room.

The nobleman, Lucas Maxwell, threw a piece of folded paper that looked like a letter in the woman's face.

"You tell me. What the hell is this, Selene??!!"

Selene, who was disguising herself as the commoner Lena, an employee of Lombard Trading Company, opened her eyes wide.

After looking at the enraged Lucas Maxwell, she glanced at Donald who was standing behind him with a face as pale as a sheet of paper.

Selene adjusted her displaced oversized glasses with her middle finger.

"I'm afraid that you got the wrong person, sir. My name is Lena Allen."

Selene spoke calmly.

"Donald, let me handle this. You can go back downstairs."

"Yes, ma'am!"

As if waiting for his whole life for Selene's words, Donald hurriedly left the room and ran toward the stairs.

Selene picked up the thrown letter that had fallen on the ground.

"Heh!"

She scoffed after inspecting it.

"I didn't expect my letter would be returned to the sender in such an awful way. By the recipient himself, no less."

She cast a soundproofing magic around the room.

"I know that your brain is made of muscles, but I never expected you to be too dumb to even read, Vice Commander Lucas of Maxwell Duchy's Silver Wolf Brigade, the Empire's Sword."

Selene gave a sarcastic remark while returning to her own seat, with the letter in her hand.

"You!!!"

The impatient Lucas unleashed his sword aura.

Selene quickly cast a three-layer magic barrier around the room and focused her own mana to suppress his sword aura.

"Calm down, will you?!"

Selene can't help but shout.

"Inflexible guys like you are disliked and unpopular among girls. No wonder Allyssa decided to run away again."

The pressure from Lucas's sword aura vanished in a second.

As she thought, mentioning Allyssa was the best way to calm this guy down.

Lucas took a deep breath, trying to relax himself.

He came to the commoner's commercial district, where Selene was, to gain more information about Allyssa, so he had to focus on his objective.